MC5 Air filter availability?

Started by penton117, January 19, 2004, 10:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

OK, last stupid question. Does anyone know where to get or a similar replacement for an MC5 250 air filter? Thanks in advance for your help.

Don

Rain Man

Hi Don, I'm not sure of this number for your application.  Someone suggested to take a round air filter and form it into the shape of the air box to fit.  The one number I found, surfing the web is
TWIN AIR TA-59-SWR9-11894. they say it fits a Penton ?? I need, (theres that sentence again!!) 3 filters for my bikes also.
  Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Kip Kern

Call UNI Filter for Vintage applications

Rain Man

Hi Kip, can you give us any more info for Uni Filter?
 Raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rocket

I bought a filter from Al Buehner for my GS6 and I believe the filters are the same for the MC5.  Al is listed under to parts suppliers on this site.
Rocket

Rain Man

Hi Rocket,  I need a filter for a 74 Jackpiner and a 72 six day.  Everything looks identical between the 2. Im not sure if your year Penton uses the same filters ??
ray
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rocket

Rainman
The filters for the 72 though 76 are the same.  They changed when they started making the MC5's and GS6's.  The fiberglass airbox takes the same filter, 72-76 which oval in shape.  The aluminum box, 76 Mc5's and 77 GS6's, use the the flat round filter, approximately 6-7 inches in diameter and 1" to 1-1/2" thick.
Rocket

Bob

You'll see the Unifilter here:
http://www.unifilter.com/vintage.htm

I ordered the NU-1401ST for my 72 Jackpiner
from my local cycle dealer. It is nice and fits well.

Bob in Va

Rain Man

Thanks Guys, Again you've been a great help.  I dont think I've ever even seen a 1976 250 in this neck of the woods.:(  Someday maybe..
  raymond
Raymond
 Down East Pentons