Cool Poster, Thanks Randy & Paul

Started by Dennis Jones, January 21, 2004, 07:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

If any of you guys like to hang up posters of Pentons don't miss this one. Randy had some very high quality posters of Tom Penton doing a wheelie at speed on a 75 125. Paul loaned his out to get this done and they turned out beuatiful. Paul now the bike does belong to the guy with the poster ;)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Paul Danik

Dennis,
   I guess I now know the meaning of that old saying, "watch what ya wish for".:D  Thanks Randy for pulling this whole thing together.  I'll see you guys at the Penton Day AT The AMA meeting or maybe at the IX Center motorcycle show. The POG is going to have a small booth at the IX Center show.
Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Paul,
I'll return your poster at the meeting at AMA.  My shift at the IX Center is on Sunday.  Should be fun.  See everyone then.

firstturn

Thanks Paul and Randy - Great poster.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Are any of these going to be available at the POG meeting?  If so, I'll take one for my museum/shop.;)

Randy Kirkbride

Kip,
I ordered four more yesterday so I'll have a few at the meeting. If we need more than that, I'll still be able to order them for a while. I'll put your name on one.

Kip Kern

BrianTaylor

any chance someone has a pic of the the post to send to me . thks Brian T.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Randy Kirkbride

Brian,
I don't have a poster here at work, but I have Paul's original.  I could take a pic of it & email it to you if you like.

OOps...  send me your email address

Randy Kirkbride

Dennis Jones,
I just found a DR Test for the bike on the poster. Looks like it was taken at the same time. (Tom Penton) Some neat pics but b&W.  I can send you a copy if you don't already have it.  I've already scanned it.  Anyone else want one? Ron C. ?

Randy

Paul Danik

Randy,
I would appreciate a copy.  Any idea as to what month the original poster might have been included in the mag?  Do you think it was in the same month as your article?
Thanks
Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Paul,
I'm sure it was at the same time from the looks of the pictures.
There's no date on the article but there is a little piece telling that "as of July 1, 1975 read "Penton" as "KTM" if you live west of the Mississippi".  I'll put your name on one.

firstturn

Randy,
Please enclose a copy when you send the next round of stickers.  Thanks and let me(us) know what month had the the article.  I will e-mail some of my friends and try to get the magazine.  As always Randy thank you for your tremendous contribution to the POG site and the stickers.
  Test that tank before you use it, you know we are at sea level[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis Jones

Randy I would love to have a copy.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Randy Kirkbride

Dennis & Ron,
I knew you guys would want a copy.  They're already in the mail. I'm trying to find the magazine I copied it from, It had to be around May, June, or July 1975.  I'll let you know when I find it.