WINTER PROJECTS

Started by Rain Man, January 22, 2004, 08:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleantrap

Still working on bringing my Penton Mudlark to life. This was my first ever trials bike, gave it to my brother 20 years ago, he lost it in a poker game, it went through 2 other hands, and I found it 25 miles from my home in a guys attic. Missing one side cover(right side) air cleaner and the original tank. Everything else is present, and it still has spark and good compression. Has the chrome steel wheels which are not pitted and original shocks. Needless to say I was tickled green when I found it. This was the six speed with sunburst head.Rick Shaw

rdrnr

All most finished a early 74 175.  Will breath life in the next week or two.
    Finishing up a late 74 250, aluminum seat base, foam and seat cover,  kick starter.  Soon new 520 chain and sprockets.  
     Then a late 74 400 mint. Needs paint and seat.  Right now it has a clark tank and a 79 seat.  Feels great because it sits up higher. It is a exracer with green markings in the wheels and a small hole drilled in the head and cylinder for the wire tie.  If only it could take to me about it's past.  I wasn't it first, but will be it's last.  Some one put alot of time in it because of the fabricated chain guard, rear brake, front sprocket cover,  folding cluth lever, all out of aluminum.  I could keep going on but I wont.  Just one more thing,  these are the best bikes ever.  Rode many makes, but never again.  :DGO PENTON.  James from MO:D

Rain Man

WOW, I'm surprised at how many 100cc Berkshires are out there !!
  I've never seen one personally, maybe someday.  These stories make for some interesting reading and some funny Jokes to boot:). oh yea
 Randy K. My sentiments exactly,  the hew doo doo stinks even @ feezing temps!!! I gotta laugh at all the polishing and wire brushing going on,   White snow and grit blast sand are a big contrast!![8D]
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

swamp fox

Raymond,
I'm getting my old 72 Berkshire up and running after 30 years in the garage. It's been more than a winter project though. I just keep plugging away at it, whenever I can find time between family & work. I do have support, my daughter saw her first junior enduro and has the bug, and the wife had a bike when she was younger. So it will soon be a family affair.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

rd400pi

Kevin Grimes,
  Please email me off line: [email protected]  Thanks.

Mike Husted
72&74 SixDays
76 MC5 250

Mick Milakovic

My 1975 250 harescrambler just needs a good carb and new controls to hit the track.  Should be this spring.  I also just started a 2nd 250 rebuild, it's just a motor, but it's a '73 250 motor.  Pulled the jug last night and the piston had NO CARBON ON IT!  Might be a diamond in the rough here.  Since '73 was the first year for the 250, would it be worth my while to look for a frame for it, or just have two motors for my '75?

Mick

BDadd46

well i got a hell of a deal i bought 3 bikes a 61 super10 and a 67 kaw roadrunner and i almost forgot found out today the third bike is a 69 penton need to sell the penton can you pogs help me sure could be a sweet deal for someone thanx
                             bdadd46                

don howard

Hi Fellow POGers I bought a old DKW just for the motor had to take a old Moto-Morini single with the deal. Has been a nightmare trying to find parts for Moto Morini. Anybody have a repair manual? thanks Don H

namgar

Still trying to get my 73 Penton 125 ready for AHRMA MX.  Frame is painted, all the body work is repainted.  Engine and Trans were completely rebuilt and repainted with a PVL ignition.  I got some of Tom Brosius's fiberglass side panels (Nice).  New plastic fenders from H+H.  Got my spokes from BSR a week and a half ago, will be lacing on some shouldered Akronts soon.  Waiting on my new custom pipe from Circle F.  

I really thought I'd be done months ago.  The Penton Six Month project is now stretching into it's second year.

Soon......

William R Gahrmann
William R Gahrmann

bkinnon

I sure would like to have a Berkshire and Six Days in both steel and fiberglass tanks. If anyone who has one going for a winter project with the intention of selling, please let me know. Looking for restored or not, but complete and in good shape.

Bill MacKinnon

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)
'72 Jackpiner 175 original owner
Downeast Pentons- Central Division