POG Display

Started by Paul Danik, February 02, 2004, 08:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The POG had a display at the International Motorcycle Show held at the IX Center this past weekend.  The display consisted mainly of Al Buehner's 1974 Jackpiner in MX trim and a table of pictures that showed most of the different models of the Penton, a Penton banner was hung above and behind Al's Jackpiner. John Borer created a great handout that was given to interested persons, the handout contained some great pics and some text.  

Manning the booth was a neat experiance.  You could see instantly by the look in the face of a person if he/she had a  "Penton Experiance" in their past. The stories flowed, normally as the person dug through the photos to find "their" bike.  Some of these folks thought they would never see a Penton again and were really caught up in the experiance, something that lots of us can relate to. There were lots of comments about how the "Penton Era" was such a great time as all of the bikes of that era had their own sound, look and qualities.  The whole experiance was a lot of fun, I feel it was good for the POG and was very rewarding personally.

I hope that others will chime in and tell of their experiance at the show.  If any of you ever have the chance to man such a booth I hope you take the time to do it, it is a very rewarding and worthwhile experiance.  I intend to put my name on the list to work next years show as soon as possible. I have to say that "Uncle Dougie" Wilford was a great guy to be paired with at the booth, don't let him know I said that! :D

Randy Kirkbride

Paul,
Karl S., Dane L., & I operated the booth yesterday and I'll dittoe your sentiments.  It sure was fun to look at the people's reactions when seeing a Penton motorcycle in the flesh.  The stories were sure flying.  Would have been nice to have Ron Carbaugh there to help out with the stories.  I'll be ready to do it again next time.

Kip Kern

OK guys, how many bike deals/parts deals came out of the woodwork while manning the booth?  I am jealous!;)

firstturn

I'm with Kip on this one.  Too much fun going on in Cleveland.  Thanks for all the work everyone did not including the travel and other expenses involved.
I want to man a booth with Randy and Karl because both these guys have long travel Sachs 125's with "D" engines.  Kinda an elite status type "Bunch" especially Karl.  I shouldn't have said that.  Now I will never get any more Fab work.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Kip;   You gotta talk to Paul about "wheelin, dealin"   Every time I looked over at him he was writting down a phone number or e-mail addy.   Of course one of us had to keep answering real questions and keep loading the story gun.   There was alot of stories flying around.   I think some of the people thought that those two guys in the booth with the green shirts on must be whackos or on something awful good.   We laughed more than we talked I think.  It was fun.  Now to get something like this to happen at some of the other shows. Next Year.

Mike Lenz

Im in for the chicago show!

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Doug Wilford

Kip;   You gotta talk to Paul about "wheelin, dealin"   Every time I looked over at him he was writting down a phone number or e-mail addy.   Of course one of us had to keep answering real questions and keep loading the story gun.   There was alot of stories flying around.   I think some of the people thought that those two guys in the booth with the green shirts on must be whackos or on something awful good.   We laughed more than we talked I think.  It was fun.  Now to get something like this to happen at some of the other shows. Next Year.
Doug are you complaining again.If I run away with your Missis you will stop loughing(Or maybe not?????)Shoud I take the dog too?????
:D[}:)][}:)][}:)]Speedy---->>>>

Helmut Clasen
162 Hillcrest Ave
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349

Doug Wilford

Speedy;   I think you would be much happier with the dog only!

Paul Danik

Doug,
   You better hope the warden doesn't read your post or you may not be let out on Saturday to come to the meeting!!!:)

metalkfab

Who's this Ron fellow ? What fab's was he talking about ? And Doug,I'll keep my mouth shut around the Warden if you can find me a RED MX Tank.And did I say NOS ?

Admin

Check out our fearless leader, Al Buehner, manning the booth at the IX Center, with cardboard John looking over his shoulder!  [8D]

More photos will soon be posted on the website...

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum_images/misc/ix_display04.jpg

Bill