Cycle World International Motorcycle Show Photos

Started by Admin, February 07, 2004, 08:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Be sure to check out the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show photos of the Penton Owners Group Display, held January 30 - February 1, 2004 in Cleveland, OH!

http://www.pentonusa.org/photos/2004/ix_booth/ix.asp

firstturn

Bill,
  Thanks for the pictures of the show since not all of us have the opportunity to attend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

I understand that we have Karen to thank for these.  Bill was off having a fantastic day at the Penton meeting at AMA while Karen was slaving away at the computer to get us these pictures.
Thanks Karen!!!!!!

firstturn

Lynn,
  Detail details.  Ok lets look at this logically.  I thanked Bill for the pictures.  You can thank Karen for putting them on the site.  May I please have my dignity back?
  I should have known Bill would have been out messing around with THOSE fortunite people at the AMA.  You see Karl and I had to work.  But thats OK we will get all the info second hand.
  Thanks Karen for doing all the work while Bill is off doing foolish things at the AMA.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Admin

You are most welcome.  As we all know, the old saying is, "behind every good man is a good woman!" :D

Bill just told me this morning about an interesting side note. During the door prizes yesterday, it appeared that the women were winning more prizes than the men.  Young Ted's wife Connie was in charge of putting the names in the hat before the drawing which caused rumors amongst the men of possible female collusion. [8D]

TGTech

The booth was a welcome change for me, down in the level of tension from the Dealernews Powersports Expo that we'll be attending next week end. I do have a three pieces of constructive criticism based on our personal experiences from that other show.

One is, the booth needed some more descriptive identification. The Penton name grabbed a lot of people's attention, but I think that the banner should have had some POG identification. Al explained that he was under the impression that there would be some sort of sign on the booth, so that detail was not totally overlooked, but rather just misunderstood.

The second item, would be to see if we can come up with a piece of carpet to lay down in the booth. It makes it a lot easier on the feet at the end of a day of standing up.

Finally, if we have the same sized booth next year, we ought to consider raising the bike up in the air somehow. On another table or some sort of stand, so that the "eye catching" feature of the bike, is more prominently displayed. One of the tricks of show displays, is to catch people's eye, from as far away as possible, and with the bike sort of "hidden" behind the table and booth workers, you lose that edge.

All in all, I figured that everything went very well.

Dane

LynnCamp

Ron -- don't feel bad. We women are accustomed to men taking the credit for our work behind the scenes.[:X]

Karen -- as woman after woman kept winning the prizes, my husband was the one who started the ugly rumor that Connie "stuffed" the ballot box with the women's names.  That was a low enough blow ... but then Helmut Clausen's comment "who invited the women, anyway" was the crowning blow.  Geeeeeezzzzzz.... you gotta love 'em!!!!

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

Of course you know I am kidding Ron... Sometimes I worry that my very dry humor is mistaken as being serious ...

firstturn

Lynn,
  No and I won't race you because I am old enough to remember the Riggs/King tennis match.
Respectfully,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mick Milakovic

Indianapolis has a show every February-March or so.  I don't know if it is the same series as the Cycle-World show.  Does anyone know?  Would there be enough interest for POG to display at more than one show?  I would be willing to help.  I didn't help in Cleveland because I am also a wrestling coach and our sectional tournament was that weekend.

Mick

firstturn

Mick,
  Are thinking of the Dealer Accessory Show?  It just moved from Louisville several years ago and isn't open to the general public.  Correct me if I am wrong, everyone else does.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mick Milakovic

Ron, there must be another show, because I've been to a couple.  Last year I went with my youngest son right after buying his KTM pro senior.

Mick

firstturn

Score:
Mick     1
Carbaugh 0

but watch me in the firstturn, second Moto.[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mick Milakovic

I found my ticket from last year; all at the Indiana state Fairgrounds:

49th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport & Travel Show

6th Annual Indiana Deer & Turkey Exposition

12th Annual Indiana Motorcycle Exposition

Probably not the major motorcycle show that the Cycle World production was, but at least the bikes have been there longer than some of those other "Turkeys"!  ;)

Mick