Ron Carbaugh

Started by tmc3c, February 10, 2004, 12:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Ron is going to see the doctor today and after all that has happeened to our buddy I thought that we all need to keep him in our thoughts and prayers !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

TGTech

Anybody got any word?

Dane

firstturn

Thanks Thomas and Dane,
  I have more test in two weeks, but I feel strong and am going to try working for a week at a consulting job.  This will be the first time I have worked in over two years.
  I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  I have tried to use the Penton Machine(friends, POG and Mid-Ohio) to rehab.  Doctors are fairly positive that I can live some what of a normal life, but they still can't believe the recovery.
  To bring some people up to date on my situation. I have a rare disease that caused total failure of my liver.  The kidneys and spleen were next.
  Thomas you owe me a picture of you finished bike and Dane I will try to call in a few days(thats a warnin[:o)]).

No comments can express the feeling of being around everyone in this group.  THANKS

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Ron, As the saying goes "we have got your back" the prayers are still with you and you will be the first with the picture's!Going back to work BAH how about starting a off-road motorcycle guide company! Yeah now that is the job to have !

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rob w

Ron, I never told you this, but at the POG meeting at Mid-Ohio in 2002, either Al or Paul asked everyone to sign your get well card and I think you may have still been in the hospital then. Well, with all that was going on there at the time, it slipped my mind for a few minutes and when I went up to sign it, they had already taken the card away.(or maybe it was a poster, I can't remember) But, I felt bad, one of my fellow Pentonians was gravely ill and even though I did'nt know you or had even heard your name before, it stuck with me for quite awhile.
 A year past, Mid-Ohio was back, then I heard your name again, Ron Carbaugh. Wow!:)let me tell you, I was so glad to see you and finally meet you and especially to see you were well again. I am really glad you're doing better, everyone here whether I've ever met you in person or not, feels a little brother-like to me. Keep it up, take care.
Bob

firstturn

Rob,
  I will try and bring the poster to Mid-Ohio and I would be honored if you would sign it.  You just don't know all the times I was moved room to room in nearly four months.  The Poster was always brought in for me to look at, even in ICU.  The poster is in my Office/Museum room where I am now.
  Thanks for telling the Members of POG how I was remembered.  And I will say that over 80% of my visitors were racers or motorcycle related in the time I was in the hospital.  Some of these people drove over 200 miles per day several times a week.
Thank you for your thoughts Rob.

Respectfully,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

Ron, Glad you doing better Buddy. Debbie is also doing well. Hope to see you at Mid Ohio. I am going to miss a Nat'l Enduro to be with Y'all.
Hang tough.
Dwight

Life is like an Enduro ..................................

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
    of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
    but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
    totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a
    Ride!"

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

firstturn

Dwight,
  Thanks for the encouragement from a great friend and Rider.  Please tell Debbie she is in my prayers.  I hope you have a successful Show this weekend.  I felt that you were always the best example to help dealers with Parts and Accessories since you actually ride and race.  I know it sounds like a novelty, but I wish more experts like you worked in the industry.
  Again it was great to see you at the Texas National.  Just like the old days with the Honda of Fort Walton Red Dog Team.
Thanks again Dwight.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mick Milakovic

Ron, I've never met you, but definitely hope to soon.  Good luck and god speed!

Mick

firstturn

Mick,
  Thanks for you thought and prayers.  I look forward to meeting you and your son(s) and hopefully see him (them) race.  After I was corrected :D I hope you enjoy the M/C show.  By the way the Huge dealer show is in Indy is this weekend.  Lot of new product from what I understand.
Highest regards,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

TGTech

Ron,

Just in case you didn't remember: BJ and I will be gone to Indy tomorrow and Monday, so don't try to call on those days.

Dane

tomale

RON,
I was shocked to hear that you have been sick. I have enjoyed the conversations that we have had the last year or so. I have known several people with such problems and it is never easy and recovery is alway long. None the Less you will be in my prayers. And I do mean Prayers. If The God of all creation is concerned about the feeding of small birds them He is concerned about you even more, much more. He is not silent and He cares deeply about you and what you are going through. May He give you continued strength as you continue to recover. I wish that I could meet you and some of the other fine Men and Women of this group. Traveling that far is beyond my finances. I am way out in the Northwest and so many of you are so far east. Maybe one day it will be possible. Hang in there and as someone has already said so well. We have your back.
Take care, Thom

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

firstturn

Thom,
  Thanks for your prayers.  It is always great talking with you.  You are one of the few smart ones that bought a new Penton and kept it.
  Just a little humour, today is 17 months to the day of my transplant and it was on a Friday I had my surgery.

You Got It -  FRIDAY THE 13TH  -

Now if we can get Karl (the Fab Man) into sensitivity training(just kidding).

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Thom, I know what you mean about being so far away with me being in S.C. but after it's all said and done and we are all in heavan, we can all meet and talk and PIT RACE !! It is Great to have such a loving & forgiving FATHER above!!  I belive that God has Ron in the palm of his hand!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tomale

Ron, Thanks I have really enjoyed talking to you as well. I love the fact that I have friends on the other side of the country who share so much with me. Riding is great but it is not nearly as much fun if I have to do it alone. I would ride anyway but it is so much better with friends, near and far.
Thomas, I am sure That Ron is in good hands, Its what makes being this far away bearable. My Daughter was in Jerusalem several years ago and friends asked me if I was worried. I told them that the scariest place is in my back yard and out of God's favor and the safest place is far away in in his hands. I feel the same way in this situation. I can do nothing but pray but that is what is best so I Trust in Providence knowing He is in control. Take care and it is a joy to know that one day we will get to bench race for as long as we wish. Question: Will there be Pentons in heaven and what kind of pre mix will it burn. Or will they be changed as well and won't need gas to run. What about horsepower?  
No theological implications here just a littl harmless wishful thinking.

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W