76 MC5 Info

Started by mx503, February 29, 2004, 12:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mx503

I am a new POG member and have been racing and riding for 35 years. I had a new 76 MC5 in 76 and have just bought one that needs help. Is there a website or individual(s) that can tell me where to buy nos or repro parts from? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to restor it and race it.
Thanks,
Bob Peed

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

farmer58za

Hi Bob
You have found it - here! If you go to "parts suppliers" you will find the details of Al Buehner who carries most stuff.

The group members are friendly and helpful too if you have queries.

Welcome

David
'75 GS400
Regards

David

DKWRACER

Hi Bob, I have repo fiberglass parts avail. and Skip Miller in Texas has MC5 decals too, he is listed in the members section, to see pics of repos, just click in the suppliers section....BFN........
Thomas Brosius

tmte123

Try [email protected], he's got one that he bought new.

Not a Penton owner, but I have ridden one..Tomale's MC-5.  Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

mx503

Thanks for all of the help. As I remember, these bikes were really neat and I am looking forward to racing it again.

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

tomale

Hi Bob, Welcome to the best place on earth. You will find all sorts of help here. I bought my manual for my MC5 from Al Beuhner. you will find that he really knows his stuff and he have been able to help me with just about everything I needed. Fast turn around time too. You will find his contact information under the suppliers list. SEE POG home page. What do you need to know in specific?

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mike Lenz

Bob, What are you needing major? I race a 77 400 mc-5 and have some spares. What part of the country are you in?
Mike

Mick Milakovic

hey tmet, I have a '78 XL-100 I'm building as a pit-bike, do you know where I might get an after market pipe for it?  Haven't had much success with the usual places as of yet.

Mick

mx503

I live in Kansas City. I will be rebuilding the motor and then restoring the chassis and suspension. There a lots of rubber parts that may be hard to find. I will use as much NOS as possible but my goal is to have a bike as new that is still going to be ridden. I take really good care of my bikes and this one is no different. All of your replies are much appreciated.

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

Mike Lenz

I have some excess in a couple of the rubber pieces. Let me know. Ill be racing in MO some this year. Im in central IL.