KTM 495

Started by tofriedel, March 01, 2004, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofriedel

I know this is the Penton site, but thought I would offer the following to any interested KTM owners -

A friend asked me about duplicating the yellow number plate backgrounds found on the 495's. I have contacted a local manufacturer who will make up the backgrounds. Minimum quantity of 30 is required to get a reasonable price of $5.00/each + shipping.

There will be no limit to the quantity you need to purchase. If any of you are interested, please contact me directly at

[email protected]

A photo of a background is available on request.

Tony  
Tony

tmte123

You can buy yellow oval plates from Speed and Sport for $2.00.
http://www.speedandsport.com/

Not a Penton owner, but I have ridden one..Tomale's MC-5.  Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

tofriedel

It is true that you can buy generic yellow backgrounds, but these are a duplication of KTM originals.  These have the black outline on the perimeter & the KTM logo on the top of the oval.
Tony

tofriedel

Number Plate Backgrounds

I will pick up the backgrounds next Tuesday, April 6th, 2004.  I will begin shipping shortly after that date.

I have a problem.  The hard drive on my PC crashed this Wednesday and I was not able to recover anything from the drive.  Which means I lost your email address & orders for backgrounds.

I need everyone who requested backgrounds from me to contact me with the number of backgrounds they committed to purchase along with their email address.

I remeber that Reinhard, Chris, Tom & friend, Kirk, & B. Hahn ordered backgrounds, but cannot remember the quantities.  In total I had orders for over 100 backgrounds.

Please get to me as soon as possible.  My email address is [email protected].  Sorry for the problem.

These backgrounds :(are for 1981 thru 1983 KTM's.

Tony
Tony