Penton Man could use your prayers

Started by Larry Perkins, March 03, 2004, 02:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Hi, I am writing this on behalf of Larry Perkins, aka the Penton Man (This is Laura, I help him at his janitorial business).

Larry is very sick and wanted POG people to know what is going on, especially those who may have ordered parts and are wondering what's up. Larry found out late last week that he has shingles (it is a very painful nerve and skin infection that is related to chickenpox). He has been to the emergency room several times since he was diagnosed. Besides being in terrible misery from the shingles rash, he has flulike symptoms and has not been able to keep food down. The rash is on his face and in his right eye (swollen shut), and his sight is at risk.

For most people it takes about a month to recover from shingles. I am not sure how long it will be before Larry is well enough to come in to the office, answer emails, ship parts, etc.

He just wanted you all to know that he is ill and he would appreciate it if you would remember him in your prayers.

OUCWBOY

All of my prayers are with Larry and his family. I know how painful that can be. It is caused by the chicken pox virus that never leaves your system. I too suffer from a chicken pox related illness called Hunts Ramsey Syndrome. Just like shingles except it is in the ear canal. Having shingles is one of the most painful illnesses that a perosn could have. God speed and you are in my prayer Larry.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

john durrill

Laura,
 tell Larry it will get better . i had the same thing about 20 years ago. It lasted a lot longer than 1 month but he should be mobile  in a month.Let him know he is in our prayers.
 John & Peter D.

Mick Milakovic

Laura, thank you for letting us know about Larry's condition.  He will, without question, be in all of our prayers.

Mick

Dave Withrow

Hi guys.  Been away awhile. It's great to see the closeness that this group has.
    Larry, I realize you are going through an ordeal.  A member of my family had shingles. It was a though time but it did pass.  Just remember, my friend...No matter what challenges or obstacles we face, we are more than conquerers with God.  Get well buddy!

Rocket

Larry
Get well Larry, I called and Laura said you were sick.  Don't worry about sending anything to me until you are feeling great.  Give me a call at work sometime if you feel like talking.
Rod

Paul Danik

Laura,
   Please tell Larry that we are all pulling for him to have a full and speedy recovery.  Tell him that I challenge him to another corn-on-the-cob eating contest at Dick Klamforth's picnic this summer, he always loves a challenge!!
Paul Danik

Dean531

Larry,
i know the pain your in. it can be unbearable at times. i came down with shingles in august of last year. i had it on the left side of my back and chest.about the time it started to clear i got it on the right side. the doctors say this happens sometimes. the virus stays with you and can reaccur at any time. like you i now have it on my head but not to the extent that you do. pain pills help for a little while but thats not the answer. i hope this passes soon, your in my prayers.  GOD BLESS YOU

Dean Sutherin

firstturn

Larry,
  I pray that you have a good recovery.  I appreciat the prayers you had and still have for me and I will have the same for you.  If you need ANYTHING just call, you have my numbers.  As you can see you have a great TEAM praying for you.

Laura,
  As I told you today just put all my parts on hold till Larry is back.  If I can help let me know.
Highest regards,

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

vmx1963

Larry & Laura - positive thoughts for you both, get well soon Larry.

VMX1963
Western Australia
VMX KTM

tomale

Laura, thank you for letting us know. Please let larry know that He will indeed be in our prayers. I can not imagine what he is going through but I know it must be difficult. I wait with anticipation for the day that I hear that he has recovered. Please keep us posted. I have seen God do some pretty amazing things. He is not silent or absent in the affairs of man. This I know from my own life and in the lives of many of my friends.
Larry hang in there, We got your back

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Larry Perkins

Hi Penton guys,

This is Larry's friend Laura again (signed on as Larry).

I saw Larry today and he is feeling a little better, even though he looks like the Swamp Thing. I read him your messages and it seemed to mean a lot to him and lifted his spirits a little. His girlfriend, Jana, is a nurse, so he's in pretty good hands.

Thanks again for your prayers and kind words of support. I know he appreciates it a lot.

swamp fox

Larry,
You were the first one I found on the internet to buy parts from, and from there on I've been livin' large again. Hope you get back on your feet soon enough. Godspeed.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

deek

Get Well soon Larry. Them shingles are painful, had them my self. Our prayers are with you. Oh yah, I'll be in Springfield the end of May. Want to meet you. I'll stop by your place and gander at all the Penton goodies.

Dale
Idaho :)

Dwight Rudder

Larry, Get better soon. Debbie and I are pulling for ya !
Cher'o,
Dwight & Debbie Rudder

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.