Hi Point boots

Started by Jim A, March 04, 2004, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim A

Hi guys,
 I have a pair of size 12 Hi Point boots I bought in the early 70s.
They are in average shape, not damaged, FREE to anyone who can use them (shipping fee of course). I'm not an expert on old Hi Point boots but this pair does not have the metal shin plates and did not come with them. They have good soles and the green/white/red area
on the back. Bought them at a Penton shop in Charleston, SC about 1972. The only deteriorating part is the pleated diamond material
on the inside, starting to pull apart. If interested let me know.
Please, I only want someone who can use these to get them, not show up on evilbay.
                      Thanks, Jim

Jim A
Jim A

john durrill

Jim ,
My son would very much like them. he wears a size 12 and his modern boots with the slick soles dont work well in the hills.
John Durrill
Rt 12 Box 152
Lake City Florida 32025.
Let me know how much the shipping is and we can Pay Pal you the money or send a check.
John & Peter D.

swamp fox

Jim,
Welcome to the POG! So you visited the old Stokes Honda eh? I used to go in there a little bit also. A couple of Hondas and then my Penton. Are you still in Charleston? I've been here all my life. We have a fellow Pogger that used to live in Charleston, Thomas Carmichael (tmc3c). This is a great bunch of guys who will give you all kinds of help getting an old bike back in shape. Good to know another Carolina Pogger.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Jim A

John,
 I will send you an e-mail.
 Robert, I was wondering what the name was of that Honda shop. I went to College of Charleston back in the day and went there alot. They sold Rickmans too if I'm not mistaken. There was a Puch dealer on the south side also. Actually I live in Georgia now but spent most of my life in the Low Country and Columbia. I always wanted a Berkshire but
I don't think it would get me around to well now at 50.
                          Jim

Jim A
Jim A

tmc3c

Hey Jim, The Puch dealer was Alton Silvers and they were on Savannah Hwy.Stokes sold Honda ,Husky,Bultaco,Rickman,Triumph, and PENTON.How long were you in Charleston? Ever go down St.Andrews Blvd and stop at the SOC station.That was my father's gas station ! Did you do any riding in Charleston ? Chisolm Trails? Red Top? Charleston Speedway?         TC

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Jim A

Hi Thomas,
 Yes, I raced at Chisolm Trail, both scrambles and motocross, remember when they added the "motocross" extension and used it
along with the scrambles track for motocross. Back then I lived
on Hilton Head, before most people ever heard of it. I raced
Chisolm, Yemassee, Savannah, and very early on there was a track in Beaufort, an area called Burton I think. I raced the 100 class, if
you ever saw a Harley Baja 100 racing that was probably me.
                       Jim Adler      

Jim A
Jim A

tmc3c

Hey Jim, I bet we raced together,but I rode the 125 class. I also flat tracked in Savannah at oglethorp speedway.Did you ever Scramble in Givhans? Or Charleston speedway? I flat tracked and Motocrossed in Yamasesee,Chisolm just added the mx part when I got hurt flat tracking at Charleston Speedway.We used to flat track in Orangeburg, Summerville also,Those were the days!!              TC

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Jim A

Thomas,
 You're up early this morning, as I am. Yes, those were the days. I didn't do any flatracking but it sounds like we raced together at some of the same tracks. Thanks for bringing back the memories. I
actually renewed a friendship with someone I raced with who was
asking a question on CALVMX not long ago. I would like to move back to SC but the wife is not to keen on the idea.
                                Jim

Jim A
Jim A

Jim A

Getting back to the original topic, the boots are on their
way to John.

Jim A
Jim A

tmc3c

Jim, It is easy to be up early when you work all night !:) I work on the other side of the moon! NIGHTSHIFT          TC

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Jim, I sent you a e-mail , hope you get it.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler