Yahoo group

Started by tomale, March 17, 2004, 05:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

I just wanted to let the moderator know that I have requested to join the yahoo penton group my name comes up as tomale2ride just in case there is a problem, Thanks

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Admin

Thom,
We here at the Penton website are not associated with the "Yahoo" Penton Group.  It is a completely separate website/pages.  We are not the "moderators" of the Yahoo, just the //www.pentonusa.org.

You will probably here from the Yahoo moderator regarding your registration...

Bill & Karen

john durrill

Thom,
 Thanks for letting me know.
Its done.
Bill and Karen ,
 the group ( and Admin) exercise more control than you know. chuckle chuckle.
 If we can get the space for the information stored on the Yahoo site here on POG, we can close that site down. The Yahoo site is just a library for information the Penton folks can use when restoring a bike.
John D.

tomale

Thanks John,
It was my hopes that I could find some more information on mikuni jetting and conversion for a 400. I saw several files but found them empty. It looks to me like that site has not been used all that much and I would agree that if it was possible... putting those files on this site would be alot better. Hopfully in the future that will be possible. I know that everyone is doing their best!
For some unknown reason I seem to love research. I tend to go overboard on it. I do not like to start something new until I have throughly reseached it and feel comfortable before I jump into it. I did do some reseach on this site and found several things that were helpful. The next step is to order the mikuni book and the quick reference guide. Both should be helful not only for this project but anything else I might do in the future. knowledge is still the best asset. That in part was accomplished the day I joined this group. A class act with out equal.
Thanks to all who have made this continuing journey, a great adventure. You guy/gals are the best with out question. but then I have never met most of you. :D:):D[8D]

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

LynnCamp

Thom... we are counting on meeting "The Right, Rockin', Reverend" (as tmte125 calls you) at Mid-Ohio.  And hopefully some of the rest of you other West Coasters as well!

tmte123

Excuse me, LC that's The Right, Rockin', Revvin' Reverend. Terry

Not a Penton owner, but I have ridden one..Tomale's MC-5.  Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

tomale

Thank you Lynn,
I am in the process of planning my traveling agenda for this year and If I can swing it I will be there. It sounds like a bunch of fun. Contrary to popular belief the average pastor in American makes very little money. A first year Elementary teacher makes more than we do and we have as much if not more education. Like so many other pastors I am bi-vocational. I must rely on the things that I can do with my hands and my faithful wife's job to make ends meet. She is more that my wife she is my partner and co-laboror. I am not complaining, I love my life, after all I was the one who choose it. (well sort of) It is a calling not a career. None the less I must be carful how I spend what money that does come my way. All in all I would not have choosen any other way. I know that I am not alone it this I am sure that there are many others who share our passion for Pentons who have the same kind of finacial struggles. I am sure that you understand. I am honored to be a part of this fine group and I look forward to meeting each and everone of you.

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

LynnCamp

Totally understood Thom.... and I suspect that when you pass to dirtbike heaven, you will have one of the best seats in the house because of the work you did in this world.

Someday... when the POG has the ability to raise money, it would be nice to have a scholarship set up to bring some members to a POG event who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity.  Speedy, mentions in another post how the vintage group did it one year with a lottery.

It is a long trip for some... for example, I would love to see Dirt Bike, DrStroke and others be able to come from Europe...

Terry....... shame on me for leaving out the Revvin' part!!!!  Have been meaning to extend my personal welcome to you.  Looks like Thom is not only a recruiter for God, but also a Penton evangalist that has converted you to Pentomania.  Hope to see you at one of these events as well!

tomale

Lynn, I would agree. There are many Poggers that would benefit from such help. That would include those you mentioned and many more.
I have been called many things but never a Penton Evangelist.
All I need to do is get them on a real bike and they will be
Re-Penton. :D:D
Terry coined that one.
Not to worry though, Big mac and I are planning to make the ISDT RR this Oct. I was talking to Mark N. today and he maybe interested and then there is Terry, he has indicated that he might be interested as well. That would make four. I have not talked to Matt S. as of yet but maybe he would that would make 5, All of these are Penton guys so we will see what the next few months shake out.
Thank you Lynn for all that you do for this group, you are a blessing.

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmte123

Hey LC, thanks for the welcome.  As I type I'm waiting to find out if I'm the new owner of a '74 250 Hare Scrambler project bike.  The goal is to get it running before the ISDTRR '04.  It's a long trip for us Pac. Nor'Westers, but sounds like it's worth the effort.  My wife has family in Oklahoma and Texas, so that's the angle I'm working.  "Honey it would be great to meet the rest of the family, and Look, there's something for me to do while I'm down there. How lucky is that? Honey?.....Honey?......"[:0][:I][8D]
Terry

Not a Penton owner, but soon to be one (fingers crossed) I have ridden one..Tomale's MC-5.  Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler