Sachs 125/6b cases

Started by swamp fox, March 30, 2004, 09:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamp fox

Seems my Six Days project slung a chain and cracked up the cases. Not sure if I can repair or need to replace them until I dig into it further. Does anyone have a set of cases or know where some may be? I've sent an email to Edd 44k and he is looking through his stuff. I didn't want to dive into the fracas for the ones on ebay since some of you guys were bidding. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

george687

hello robert
i have a sachs engine
1251/6b which i believe is
a 1972. i would have to take
a look but i believe the main cases
are good. tell me which case you
need and maybe i could help you
out.
george

firstturn

George welcome to POG.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Doug Wilford

Just some general information.   All Sachs cases are matched pairs.  Under the rear mount will be two numbers on each case half, these should match.    All the line boring done to the cases was done with both cases at the same time.    I have seen engines that were working okay with odd sets, but not something I would want to be trustworthy.

swamp fox

Hi George,
Thanks for looking. I thought that the cases were a match pair, as Dr. Doug has stated. If you can part with them, send me an email and we'll talk. I'm not sure if the ones I have could be repaired. They got a nasty crack running into the center.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

swamp fox

Doug,
I read that you had been on vacation and was going to give you a buzz and see if you had any stashed away. Hope you had a good time playing golf down here in the Southlands.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S

Doug Wilford

Robert;
You may want to check with Al Buehner he may have some B cases that will work.   If you can find a good Heliarc welder your cases could be saved.   I have seen some very damaged cases that were repaired and worked great.    All the B cases that I have are in need of welding, so I wouldn't be of much help.

george687

hey robert
i just looked at my 2 sets of penton
cases. yikes, both sets must of thrown
a chain. they both have broken inner cases
above and in front of the sprocket.
the outer ignition case cover is in good
condition though.
george

1975 penton 125 6 days

john durrill

Robert,
 Doug had a welder that could do a good repair on the cases. you might ask him if the person is still doing that.
 The price he quoted me was fair.
if the cases are not cracked in the center around the layshaft bearing
or where the main bearing rests they should be repairable.
John D.

imported_n/a

If all else fails, I have a set of 6-speed cases that appear to be "A" model.  

Glenn

swamp fox

Thanks guys,
I knew it had slung the chain before I bought it, but I just couldn't pass it up. It broke out the inner case behind the motoplat and has a crack running up near the ignition wire grommet hole. I've been soaking the flywheel and will be seeing to what extent the damage is when I get that pulled apart. Hopefully it can be repaired.[?]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S