Bike Shipping?

Started by desmond197, April 12, 2004, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

I got a American Eagle/ Sprite 125 on ebay last night and I need the bike shipped from AZ to GA. Do not want to mess with Forward Air or a crate any suggestions. Thanks

DKWRACER

I got some earlier quotes over the phone from ABFS, seemed minimal crating was accepted....they do terminal to terminal
//www.ABFS.com
keep us informed, Thanks........
Thomas Brosius

desmond197

The quote I got was 891.00 which seems a litle high. I was thinking $500-$600 more in line. I may fly to Phoenix rent a car disassemble the bike and take it on the plane or ship it UPS

Lew Mayer

Sounds like a Road Trip to me.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

cardojr

a couple of years ago, i shipped a cotton from minneapolis to denver via ups-(labeled as books)-the wheels got covered in cardboard with rope handles-i think the price was under 200 buckaroos-another thing to look at is shipping by bus-call the greydog and see if they still do it-will have to take apart-lastly-check the ahrma pages.
and that's all i need except this lamp.
rob

chkitout

Having a bike shipped from Pa to Tx for $225 by FedEx Ground but has to be boxed into at least two boxes

[email protected]

Hey guys I have used Rick Bentley for quite a few bikes bought and sold. He tows a 30ft enclosed trailer and delivers alone so there is not someone else to blame if there ever would be a problem like Ron Anchak had. Rick's # is 585-797-8021 I highly recommend him and I do not have any financial interest in his business only find him to be very honest and fair.I know he leaves soon for California and he lives in Rochester ,N.Y.
Thanks
Paul

Jeff D

There is an AHRMA guy who does transport, too.  I can't recall his name, but I know Keith Lynas used him to pick up a pair of OSSAs from me.  You could contact Keith at [email protected] to ask him the gentleman's name.  He has an enclosed trailer towed behind a pickup and I think he operates from the western part of the US someplace.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

desmond197

I got a quote from Federal Allied 1-800-747-4100 Ext 215 Jenna
for $513.00 door to door no crate. I have a buddy that shipped a bunch of racebikes that way and thye did a great job. I am going with that and give you guys a report. Thanks

mint400rider

I shipped a snowmobile in a full crate, without removing the handlebars, that weighed 700 pounds for $350 from Indiana to Utah (terminal to terminal) through Yellow freight.  I had to take the ski's off.  

1976 Penton Mint 400

1979 John Deere Trailfire 440

Honda Odyssey with cbr 600 engine (150 mph)
1976 Penton Mint 400

1979 John Deere Trailfire 440

Honda Odyssey with cbr 600 engine (150 mph)

firstturn

Just a note for future shipping of bikes, parts or etc.  The site is KartShip.com.  They walk you through how they ship and what you have to do.  I stumbled on to this person when I was selling my Go Kart and Midget collection.  They have a how to do site.  Pretty neat.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh