Vintage Event at Marion

Started by denglish, April 13, 2004, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denglish

I an a relitively new member to this group and I have been very impressed.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I am only about ten miles from the Marion facility so if anyone needs any info on the area or the event I will try and help. I have a garage and tools if anyone needs that sort of thing.  Hope to see some of you there.   618-985-8189  By the way, I have 'rescued' a '74 Jackpiner from an old garage and hope to revive it soon.

imported_n/a

Welcome to POG.

As you begin your project Jackpiner, please don't hesitate to ask questions or for help in finding what parts you need.  We feel strongly as a group in providing as much assistance as possible to get a new member up and running, as well as another Penton up and running.

Glenn

Mick Milakovic

Welcome also!  I'll be there, but I'm riding my Husqvarna since the Harescrambler is not running yet.  Look for a 1980 390CR with a fully chromed gas tank (77K) and introduce yourself.  That goes for everyone, since I haven't met too many of you yet!

Mick

tlanders

I'll be there also with my bevy of beautiful Pentons. '74 Mint 400 for Vintage MX, '80 MC80 400 for PV MX, '78 MC5 250 for the PV Cross Country. Not sure if they are going to divide the CC into two races for Vintage and PV. If they do, somehow I need to squeeze a fourth bike on my three bike trailer, my '74 Piner, for the Vintage Cross Country. PLEASE look me up and say Hi!!!

Teddy

tlanders

I just called Mitch Winder the midwest regional AHRMA coordinator and verified that there will be two cross countrys, one for vintage and the other for PV. So, bring your vintage bike and ride twice, or bring two bikes and ride twice. There is going to be a half hour rest between the two 1 hour races. Anyone bringing a vintage Penton that I could borrow so I don't have to put 4 bikes on a 3 bike trailer?

Teddy

Dennis Jones

It looks like my 125 is not going to be ready for the MX, but I plan to ride my Jackpiner in the C/C. #33D See you there.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

I'll be bringing my '74 Mint 400, my '80 KTM 420, and my '81 KTM 250GS.  Hope to see you guys out there.  I'll have the PENTON banner out.  Come by and share a laugh or two.  GO PENTON!

tlanders

I have two, count them, two broken kick start levers. Does anyone going to Marion have one or more kick start levers they would bring and sell to me? The stop/tang on the upper swivel part has broken/cracked on both of them. Too high compression I guess.

Teddy

Dennis Jones

Teddy, I have a marginal one I can loan you but I'm not sure when I'll get there.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Mick Milakovic

Teddy, I have one I can loan you.  I'll get there about 6-7 on Saturday.  Look for my all-silver tank Husky being pulled by a teal color Plymouth voyager and gray trailer.

Mick

tlanders

Thanks guys for your generous offers. I ordered one from Al yesterday after I found out he had them from Mike Lenz. I also found one I didn't know I had and stole one from my Hare Scrambler, so if I don't break them, I should be alright for the weekend. I also am trying to weld the two broken ones today if I can find the time.

Thanks again,

Teddy