Swap- "KEEPING TRACK" news letters

Started by rob w, April 24, 2004, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

I have some extra original copys of the old "Keeping Track" news letters (not Still..Keeping Track) that I would like to trade for other issues that I'm lacking.

The original issues that I am looking for are -
No.'s 1..3..5..6..7..20..22..24..and all others after No. 25.

Good question. How many issues of Keeping Track were there? What was the number of the last issue? and date of the last issue? I don't have the answer, I'd like to know, thanks.

The extra original issues I have to trade with are- 9..10,11..12..13..14..18.

Thanks
Bob

tmc3c

Rob, I have a extra # 4 and #14 and I have 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,& 22 I would be willing to trade for 17 or 18 , do either talk about a 1976 250?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Rob, I also have a COPY of the April 1974 CYCLE teaton the 250 Hare Scrambler. This a copy only but I got the whole thing.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Lew Mayer

I have 14 through 26,which is Oct.76. I have no extra copies but I could recopy for you. I think the Keeping Tracks stopped coming after #26.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

rob w

Thomas, Yes please and thank you, #4 for 17 or 18. You've got mail.

Lew, Thank you very much for that generous offer. I see you often on ahrma's main page and CC section, nice! About those forks, all you need to do is have those ridges turned off on a lathe. ;)

bob

rd400pi

POGers,
  In my futile yet, never ending quest to become Penton-wise, I was struck in the cranium by an idea... ;) Is there anyway to put Keeping Track or similar tech articles in a database somehow?  Something that might be accessed by curious folks like myself?  Thoughts?  :D

Mike H.
  Tulsa, OK

imported_n/a

Mike,

The Penton Restoration and Tech site on Yahoo is kind of what you're looking for.  There are some items scanned and stored there.  Such as Cranke porting and pipe specs for Sachs 100/125s and KTM 250s.  You should join and see what is there.  Others more knowledgeable should chime in as to if we can expand it or do something else.

Glenn

rd400pi

Glenn,
  Actually, I have been there before and downloaded stuff.  It has been awhile though and, maybe I need to go visit again.  Thanks.

Mike H.

OhioTed

I have posed this question previously, but saw no response:  Is there a copyright infringement problem or something that would prevent us from scanning and posting Penton ads and articles from old magazines in POG's "Publications" section?  It would seem that direct access to this material would be very welcome to POG members.

Chakka

Better yet, If we could assemble a full collection of Keeping Track's they could be scanned into a PC and burned onto CD's for sale/viewing. That would be slick. Maybe the proceedes could go to maintaining the web page or some other usefull venture.

Chris

firstturn

Rob,
  As we discussed I will get back with you next week.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

john durrill

Folks as long as we dont brake the law we can post articles in the Library. The size can be adjusted with something like Photo shop  or the articles could be filtered into text to use less space . We have a lot of space in the Library  to use till the POG web site can find room for things like that. When that happens the yahoo library site will shut down. chuckle chuckle!
John D.

rob w

Thank you Ron...no rush...I really enjoyed our conversation yesterday.
You are a immense credit to this group.
Bob

OhioTed

John,  Shouldn't we still determine the nature of copyrite (sp) laws?
Anyone out there have insight on this?

firstturn

Rob,
  I just found new copies of #16 and #23.  Please e-mail me your address and I will send them out to you.

firstturn@hotmail

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh