built for champions

Started by tomale, May 07, 2004, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

Yesterday when I got home there was a T shirt in the mail. A Red Penton shirt. It is really cool. I really like it! I had no idea that a shirt was coming my way.
Evidently my wife interceped a E mail from Bob in Grandrapids Mi and he sent me the shirt. Thanks Bobs, that was really nice of you. I got to thinking what else would a champion ride but a bike built for champions. I am still in shock that i have done so well.
I quess that Bigmac picked up a 77 mc5 400 so it looks like we will be racing together... I look forward to that. Bob I hope you do not mind me telling on you. It just further proves that the nicest guys are not on hondas but ride Pentons. why would I want to ride anything else?

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

DKWRACER

This is but one of many contributions Rob has made to the Penton Owners Group, I have been on the recieving end of his frienship and dedication...I look forward to meeting him and others at the RR....Adios.....
Thomas Brosius

rob w

Thom, You are so very welcome, it's really nothing. Now you on other hand are something special, when I saw those pictures of you cover head to toe in mud, in the freezing cold. I thought to myself...this man has the heart and strength of a lion. I once remember you down-playing your accomplishments and saying "I'm not as fast as you guys back east", oh..quite contrare! Don't sell yourself short, I believe you're every much that fast and more.

There is no doubt these bikes were built for champions, I only wish my body was still built for a champion. I'm going to take the year off from racing and work on my health and fitness, before this decision I was in denial, then very angry that I was'nt able to par-take in the action. Now I've accepted it, and glad to work on getting strong again. In vintage racing, there's aways next year, age is not an issue.. it's health.

Tom, :D, I don't know why, but you always make me smile. I'm am also...so looking foward to the reunion in Oct. I'll be able to ride that just fine. I've done these long enough to know that 3 days a year is not enough. I'm thinking I'd like to spend about 5 days down there camping, riding, and socializing.

Bob

tmte123

Thom was more excited by the T-shirt than the big trophys he had won.  Me, on the other hand, will probably have to stare at the back of that shirt every time Thom and I go riding.  It'll be there, rubbing it in.  "Built for Champions", "Built for Champions"  neener, neener, neener.  The only good news, it'll be to far away for me to read....until he stops to wait for me.
ps I am now officially a member of the club..my '74 250 Hare/scrambler got here yesterday, in 5 boxes, care of UPS.  The driver was looking at me funny as I danced around, yelling "my Penton is here, my Penton is here, I'm Somebody!" like Steve Martin in The Jerk.  Now all I need is a carb, a pipe, a side cover or 2, and this lamp and this chair.

Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500. Restoring a "74 250 Hare/ Scrambler
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

tomale

Thanks Rob, I still need to learn the balance. not to down playing or make it more than it really is. both are prideful. I can not take credit for what I am, it was not my doing other than I did something with what I had been given. The trick is to enjoy the ride:D I once saw this movie about this basketball player that was suppose to be the fastest ball handler ever. He practice more than anyone. He had great confidence in his abilities. It was not pride he said because he practice to become as good as he was. I like that. Confidence is a great thing but is better if it is built on experience rather than self talk. easy to say harder to live.
True words about health. I need to do some work in that area myself. I was looking at the pictures from the last race and I look like I have a huge beer belly. which is odd since I do not drink beer. None the less I wonder how well I would do if I lost, say 20 pounds. And maybe I would be able to continue to ride longer as well. Thanks again you guys are awsome [8D]

Thom Green,I own and ride a 76 250 MC5 MX which I bought new.
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

imported_n/a

Bob,

If I can be of assistance with your rehab, please let me know.

Take it slow.

Glenn