Wanted hare/scrambler 250 parts

Started by tmte123, May 09, 2004, 01:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmte123

My wish (really Santa I've been really, really good:D)list:
seat or seat pan  Thanks Big Mac
pipe
carb  (I might go with a new Mikuni though)
side covers (probably go with new ones from dkwracer)
front fender
head light
levers, cables
shifter  Thanks again, Big Mac
kick lever
and probably other things as I get furthur into the project.
If you have any of the above and can part with them, please send me info and price with shipping to Seattle.
Thanks, Terry

Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500. Restoring a "74 250 Hare/ Scrambler
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

john durrill

Terry,
Al B has the seat pan, foam ,seat covers and brackets. He also has front fenders , levers and cables. DKW has the side panels. Head lights are hard to come by. We used a moped headlight from the Moped Junkyard and made up or own brackets, ( our bikes are riders not show bikes). Al may have a used Bing. You can get new ones from Bing here in the US.
Thats a good part of you list at least. hope it was some help.
John & Peter D.

tmte123

Thanks John.
Mine is definitely going to be a rider, too.  I am leaning towards a Mikuni though.  Thom's (Tomale) mc5 has a Mikuni and seems to perform better on the tight trails and just about anything else he can throw at it.  It has a nice smooth power curve. I might borrow his old Bing to keep the budget down to get it running.  He also has the stock mc5 pipe that I may use for a while for the same reasons. But, ultimately I want it to be as original as possible.  I just don't want to spend so much that I'm afraid to play with it.[8D] I'm not starting a museum, but I do want to respect it's bloodlines.  The more used parts I can find means I won't have to skimp on the important stuff. IE, getting it on the trail.  I can always upgrade later.

Currently ride a '75 XL-250, '78 TT500. Restoring a "74 250 Hare/ Scrambler
Currently ride a \\\'75 XL-250, Restoring (Re-Penton) a \\\'74 250 Hare/Scrambler

firstturn

Terry,
  I'm not where I can look at that carburetor that is on the 73 - 250.  If you know the numbers off a original (or if someone else can help), please let me know and I will look at a lot of carburetors I just obtained.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh