Vintage racing in cental Ohio

Started by rich allison, May 26, 2004, 08:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich allison

just getting back into riding. vintage racing looks to be the ticket especially since I haven't been on a bike since 1977. where in Oh. would I be able to watch some races and look at the bikes.

richard j allison
Rich

firstturn

Rich,
  Welcome to our site.  If you look just southwest of Manafield(Ohio) you will see on most maps it will say Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rich allison

I raced over there years ago, is the mx track still south of lexington or is it at the road race course.

richard j allison
Rich

Lew Mayer

They run the MX on a grass track at the road race course. The same place as the Vintage road race,trial and swap meet. A huge event in mid-July.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

OhioTed

Rich,  I live in Salem, Ohio, and have raced hare scrambles at the Western Reserve Flyers track many times.  I have been out of touch with the off-road scene for a while, but I agree with Rob.  You should check WRF out.  I seem to remember that the Competition Riders of America sanctioning group, covering NE Ohio, of which WRF is (or was) a member, had a series of vintage events at various tracks.  Check them out also.  Probably will be at //www.cra.com or something like that.  The Western Reserve Flyers are a crazy bunch of guys, but they do have a pretty nice facility and always put on good events.  Check 'em out.

rich allison

I live just south of wooster in millersburg I think i will drive up there sat. is there someplace I can find out what time and day the races are run at Mid Ohio. also are there many bikes for sale I'm looking to buy a 125 and 175 jackpiner.

richard j allison
Rich