72 jackpiner

Started by weflyu, June 03, 2004, 12:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weflyu

Just letting people know I am bidding a couple of 72 Piners on EBAY. I would prefer to find one through POG but the 72s with black engines and toaster tanks are hard to find (used to race one in 73 and 74). I would restore one but if I could find one ready to ride that would be ok too.

Mark Smith
72 Six Days
75 250
74 250 in process of restore.

firstturn

Mark,
  I hope you get both of them.  The '72 has always been interesting because it was the first KTM powered Penton and should be considered extremely collectable in my opinion.  The neat part is reading the releases from Penton back in '72 and one can just fill the excitement for this engine and bike.  Check out some of the results back then where the 175 Penton mounted riders were winning Overalls at Nationals.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

REDFURIE167

HI MARK MY NAME IS KRISTIE I JUST RECENTLY INHERITED MY FATHERS PENTON KTM MOTORBIKE, I AM ALMOST POSSITIVE IT'S A 72 WASSELL ERA. IT'S ALL ORIGINAL, I DO KNOW THAT IT RUNS BUT IS MISSING 1 AND 2 GEAR. I DON'T HAVE THE TITLE MY MOM DIDN;T KNOW WHERE HE HAD IT IF THERE EVEN WAS ONE. IT'S IN GREAT SHAPE A LITTLE DUSTY, NO DENTS, COUPLE P LITTLE SCRATCHES ON THE SIDE OF THE TANK. THESE ARE THE # I FOUND ON THE FRONT OF THE FRAME 20152584, AND THESE ARE THE # THAT ARE ON A PLET ON THE MOTOR fITCHEL&SACHS, AG SCHWEINFURT, MOTOR#6997321, HUB-R122, TYPE SACHS 1251/6A. MY FATHER HAS HAD THIS BIKE SINCE I COULD REMEMBER, HE KEPT IT IN THE GARAGE,HE WOULD CRANK IT UP AND PLAY AROUND WITH IT. WELL WRITE ME BACK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. THANKS LOTS, KRISTIE CRAWFORD

Quotequote:Originally posted by weflyu

Just letting people know I am bidding a couple of 72 Piners on EBAY. I would prefer to find one through POG but the 72s with black engines and toaster tanks are hard to find (used to race one in 73 and 74). I would restore one but if I could find one ready to ride that would be ok too.

Mark Smith
72 Six Days
75 250
74 250 in process of restore.

KRISTIE L. CRAWFORD
KRISTIE L. CRAWFORD

Kip Kern

Kristie

Sounds like a 125cc Six Day Penton, Is it green in color?  Where are you located and how do folks possibly interested in the machine contact you?

crash carden

Hello Kristie, I am interested in your Father's bike as well, so if you could but me in line behind the others respectively. Also how can we contact you for more information? Email or phone would be great thanks Crash Carden.

weflyu

Kristie thanks for the interest but what you have is a 125 Six Days I was looking for a 72 175 Jackpiner. I am sure the others on this site will be interested in talking to you so give them a try. Mr, Carbaugh, thanks for the note I got one of the bikes that was being sold. Turns out the fellows name is Glen and you sold it to him. Glen says it runs good but he picked up another Piner and decided to let this one go. I'll give it a good home in sunny California.

firstturn

Mark,
  Thanks for the follow up.  I sold that bike to him and he ended up finding a really nice unrestored one.  I don't have that much Jackpiner stuff left, but if you need anything let me know.  I am keeping a original '72 Jackpiner which is unrestored.  Good luck on your new bike.  The 175 is just a great all round bike.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh