Off subject for Mid-Ohio

Started by tmc3c, July 07, 2004, 08:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

True Story, In 1975 and 18 yrs. old, fresh out of school, not knowing a soul out there. I moved from Michigan to California to race MX, I was living in the back of my pick-up truck with a cab-high topper at the State Park in Big Sur. Just me, and everything I owned including a fresh Hiro/Penton.
 One day I was driving around and looking for a job...I past a sign that was the entrance to Pebble Beach Country Club, I thought to myself, "hey, I've heard of this joint on T.V." .With no fear I wheeled in to ask for work. The man said to me, "do you have any experience" and I replied " yep, I've been mowing grass half of my life". The guy says back to me, "well, there's a little more to it than just cutting the grass"  [8D]  I always look back at that day and laugh.
A couple days later I landed a job in Modesto, at the Kawasaki, Bultaco, Triumph shop.

swamp fox

Rob,
That's what I call fun!:D I had the opportunity years ago to ride on one before it was finished. The financing for the place fell through, and a few of us tore it up for a while till it was sold again.:( Thomas might have heard about it. It was at "Morgan's Pointe", which is now Charleston National, up 17 north.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

Yeah I have played it many times!! High Dollar course now !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Doug I hope that you got my reply ! I got a sick modem.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Sure did and I am calling today to try and get an early Sat. Morning T-time for at least a 4 some.    I will send you an e-mail.

Don Roth

OK, all this golf talk has forced this,

Seems a young woman was playing golf and she got stung by a bee, and was quite concerned. She runs into the Pro Shop and shouts, 'Is there a doctor in here?' A fellow at the bar replies, casually, "Yeah, I'm a doctor, what is the problem?"
The woman cried, "I was stung by a bee and am worried about it!"
The doctor asks, "Where were you stung?"
The woman replies, "Between the first and second hole."
The doctor, taking a drink says, " your stance is too wide."

See all you duffers on Saturday in the chow line,
-don

BrianTaylor

Of Topic but Doug they have posted a couple of nice pics of you at 75 ISDT on the herc-****el on the Vinduro board ..... Brian T.

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Doug Wilford

Brian Thanks for the information.   That is one of my lifes greatest honors.

Rain Man

Nice Don, are you sure your not an Engineer from Maine?

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Kip Kern

Don great joke!  Doug,  will there be any more room for other golfers?  I am terrible but Kaleb is pretty good!

swamp fox

Ok,
I'm not a golfer, but maybe we could have a skeet shoot!;) Nothin' like bustin' a few clay pigeons.[}:)]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Tommy_V

Doug,

I would be interested in an early morning round Saturday, do you have room?  We'll be coming in on Thursday afternoon.  I'm bringing a couple guys from Cape Girardeau, MO with me and will probably camp with Dennis Jones.  I'll bring my sticks, I don't know much about motorcycles (yet) but I do know golf!  I'd love to knock it around with you!

Tommy
Tommy

Doug Wilford

Tommy I only made reservation for a foursome. With Kip and Kaleb we have a foursome. Here is the phone number for the golf course if you want to try and get another T-time 419-884-3434   Mine is 7:00 AM

rob w

P.O.G. , Pentons Or Golf. [8D]

firstturn

Good Rob!  I like it.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh