Off subject for Mid-Ohio

Started by tmc3c, July 07, 2004, 08:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

With all of us traveling to Mid-Ohio is anybody bringing their clubs for a round of golf while there?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

Thomas, Thomas, Thomas.  Have you not yet learned two things.  First Mark Twain was right-"Golf is a good walk ruined".  Second- motorcycles and "DRIVING" don't mix.

Larry

maicobuddy

Hey Thomas,
I may bring my clubs..where's the nearest course? Buddy:D

Doug Wilford

That sure sounds like something to do, if you have the time.      Personaly I have always been to busy looking to think about golf.   I will be missing my Thursday night league and it is always fun to play a different course.    I will do some research and see what is available in the area.

tmc3c

Hey Doug, That would be great !! I am staying in MT Vernon and I think there is 5 courses close to the hotel I am in but I will ride for a course. With me traveling to Ohio from S.C. I would like to play a course while there. Buddy just bring the clubs and we will sort it out as it comes!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

HEY Larry, Driving??? you haven't seen me play....it's called topping!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rich allison

I live in millersburg oh. and play a lot of the courses around there. if you remember how to get to the old Mid Ohio MX track, instead of turning left to go to the track you turn right and the name of the GC is Pebble Creek very nice course or maybe its just because driving by the old MX track brought back such good memories.

richard j allison
Rich

Doug Wilford

Thomas,  put in your msn search - Lexington,Ohio   Pebble creek sounds really nice and it must be close to Mid Ohio. I always get turned around and probably could never find the old MX track, but I know it is in the area.   Tee time either early, early, Sat (which will mean little sleep after the flat track Friday night)  or evening Sat.  They usually want as much notice as possible.   Any other ball smackers interested?

rich allison

When you come back into lexington you go south on S.R.546 and you will see the signs. this is aiso a shortcut to Mt. Vernon. Easier to get tee times in the afternoon or evening.

richard j allison
Rich

DKWRACER

Larry? Dazed and confused about your quote from "Mark Twain"

A round of Golf between friends, is something to behold
We go without an air cleaner to clean
We carry our clubs in hopes of hitting "the perfect shot"
it's a very humbling experience
after so many shots we come back to the 19th hole...
Golf is a wonderfull thing.....
Thomas Brosius

rob w

Always one of my biggest fantasy's has been to rip around a nice golf course on my scooter. A nice hilly 18 hole track. It..would..be..the..best! Come on...tell me you have'nt dreamed about it. [:p] ;)

rd400pi

Didn't Super Hunky or one of the other Dirt Bike magazine guys do a column about roosting up a golf course? See you all at Mid-Ohio!!

Mike H.
  Tulsa, OK

firstturn

Rob,
  I think my choice would be a 1973 250 HareScrambler fitted with a brand new BIG rear tire and a very light weight golf bag attached to the bike.  Kinda like a real tractor that knows no cart paths.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

maicobuddy

Well I sorta got to ride on a golf course..a guy built a motocross track on an old golf course in North Augusta, S.C. it was great he turned the Golf Pro shop in to a bike shop..just a good old memory from the early 80's..maicobuddy:D

P.S. I couldn't stand the wait for Mid-Ohio..the wife & boy were out last night so I watched On Any Sunday & On Any Sunday II..man I'm really hyped now..[8D]

Doug Wilford

Oooops Made a mistake, there is no chance to play Saturday evening.   Seems like I had major brain fade ( kinda like alot of my golf shots)   Saturday evening is the Complimentary Dinner by Al Buehner and his brother Dale, then the annual POG Meeting.   See you all soon.    Maicobuddy this is going to be alot like Christmas for some.   Hang in there and have Fun!!!