Immaculate Jackpiner on EvilBay

Started by vmx1963, July 12, 2004, 07:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

Wrong Gas tank for an Enduro bike, Wrong Rear fender, It has a Honda MR175 taillight. Otherwise not too bad.  I would dare say $2000 is a bit much for this bike though.

Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Dennis D

pakala

Rocket

I bought a JP new in 73 and it came with the small MX tank and then I purchased the enduro kit, so the gastank is not really wrong because this bike may have been purchased without the enduro kit to start with too.  The rear fender looks to be close to an original, hard to say from the picture, taillight is incorrect forsure.
Value of the Penton's is going up all the time and this looks like a pretty good bike to me.
Just my opinion,
Rocket

Rain Man

Thats how mines gonna look...someday  I bought it 1 season old in 1974 for 900 bucks, with the Enduro tank and kit and only  slowly ridden on many NETRA Enduros ;) I wont ever sell it again [8D]

Raymond
Limington Me.
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Kip Kern

By the time you buy a "junker", hunt parts, then take the time to restore the bike as pictured, $2000 is cheap!  Heck, I put 150-200 hours labor in each bike!:)

john durrill

Kip ,
 I agree. Even if the engine needed an overhaul its a good buy.
Dennis ,pakala
 The bars are HI-Point accessorie bars. They had an 8 inch rise and I liked them . They were a lot easier on my shoulders on a 75 to 100 mile enduro. If you have a copy of the 73 ISDT Vid you can see Jack Penton with a set on his bike.
John D.

OhioTed

Ditto to Kip Kern's time estimate.  Takes me about 2 years on each bike, between hunting parts & finding time to do the work.  Funny how we'll work like that for "free".  However, that aint no MR taillight.  I'm looking at mine right now, and it's a-pointin' up at the sky.  The one on that Jackpiner looks more like one from an IT Yamaha to me.  TED

Dennis D

John, one of the Piners that I bought had a black set on it that look similar. They appear to be solid bars. Does that sound right? Dennis D

Dennis Jones

My guess on the tail light is a Yamaha TY trials bike. That might be the same as an IT. Some day I may get smart enough to buy nice bikes instead of spending twice as much to do it myself.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

john durrill

Dennis,
 the orignals were chrome moly tubes. they had a little flex so they didnt transmit the front end shock to your shoulders as much as bars with the cross member in it.
John D.