I need a new head!

Started by Mike Lenz, July 28, 2004, 08:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

I have finally had time to get back to "motercycles" again and am trying to finish my 1973 100cc, KTM lower end/Sachs top end project. I had the cylinder modified so the carb will clear the cases and started to put it together and realized I have a 100cc head with the fins uncut, but need one with the fins cut for the pipe. I can cut it if I have to but would rather swap for a cut one or even buy a cut one. Can anyone help me here? I also realized I guess I need a collar that goes on the back of the 26mm carb to space it up to the airboot size hole. Did these bikes have a different airboot with a smaller hole on the carb end than the bigger bikes did? Other than these little things this project has been pretty easy. KTM copied the Sachs cylinders pretty close. stroke, cyl height and stud allignment are all the same as a 73 175 engine! Other than that all I did was stuff the crank and I used an aluminum clutch and primary gears off a 76 125 motor. This should be fun and turn some heads! Im planning on running it in the 100cc "national" in MO next Memorial day weekend. After that I want to make it into a 125 and race AHRMA with it. A sportsman class legal Penton with a KTM motor...or would it be legal for the classic class??? Again should be very interesting!!

firstturn

Mike,
  I haven't even unpacked the cylinder we traded, there is a cylinder in that box?  I have both a 100 or 125 cylinder heads with the cut fins.  Tell me which you want and I will send it to you.  How much is this deal going to cost me?[:o)]
[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh