seeking info on "Mettco Penton"

Started by OhioTed, July 30, 2004, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

OUCWBOY

Larry, Am I not seeing rivets on the 8K bike??

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

socalmx

A friend of mine purchased a Mettco Penton in 1972. It was a stone stock B engine and I remember the gas tank having the rivets. I also hung out at Ascot most Wednesday nights and remember seeing them on the Mettco bikes there. I always thought it was a gimmick and was really just their trademark. Perhaps later on, the stopped doing it. Don't know...just relying on an aging memory.

BrianTaylor

Just curious ... does anyone know anything about this picture  Who is the "Skunk Helmeted " rider on the right hand side , second row  maybe #12..... thks Brian T

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

bbeck3100

I know Fred Hayes, the man who started Mettco. I met him at the Quail motorcycle gathering in 2011. If you like I'll call him Mon. and get his permission to give you his ph #. He is a great guy and I'm sure he'll be happy to help you.

seki575

LOL... that's me, Bob Seki #12B. CMC Carlsbad, 125 Intermediate class. Staged for the next moto. Photo credit: Tom Corley.
Quotequote:Originally posted by BrianTaylor

Just curious ... does anyone know anything about this picture  Who is the "Skunk Helmeted " rider on the right hand side , second row  maybe #12..... thks Brian T

Brian Taylor