PVL Vs Motplat

Started by tomale, August 17, 2004, 05:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

Bildough bought a Falta replica and it was having problems with the igintion. one of the guys at the races that I was talking to suggested putting a Motoplat on the bike with a PVl coil. He said that he had done that to his bike. I asked why not just put a PVL ingition on it and he said that a PVL would not work. That is funny if a motoplat will why wouldn't a PVL ?[:0]

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Larry Perkins

Thom,

PVL ignitions are not made for every bike.  I would need to check my list to see if they made ones for CZ.  PVL also makes a replacement coil for Motoplat ignitions.  It replaces the Motoplat coil when bad.  These are different than the coil used with a PVL ignition.  Hope this helps some.

Larry P.

bildough

thanks to Thom and bart carigan ; once again at the Farms, AHRMA event. When the falta went lame the trustee 125 6 day came shining through for a trophy. Gave up a lot of power compared to the Falta but boy was it Pretty.

TGTech

Thom

All of the CZ's EXCEPT for the Falta replica, can not be fitted with the PVL, because of the size of the crankshaft. The taper on the mag side, is too large to be fitted with a PVL rotor, because the bore of the PVL, can not be turned out to the size of the shaft.

The Falta engine, has a much smaller crank taper, but since I've never had one in our shop, I have no idea of the realities of fitting the PVL to the engine.

In order to do the fitment, I would have to have the cases and crank assembled, with the side cover in our shop for at least two weeks, to do the fitting. If what I remember from our Motoplat information and pieces, I believe that the PVL can be fitted to the Falta Replica engines.

Dane Leimbach
Penton Imports Co., Inc.