TODAY IS...........................

Started by rob w, August 19, 2004, 08:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Mr. John Penton's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  MR. PENTON

Hope you have a great day, thanks for all that you've done and all that you're still doing for us.

Bob Wardlow

firstturn

John,
  Thanks for being who you and for all you continue to do for the people who rode the bike named after you and your Family.  This is your DAY.

***********************HAPPY BIRTHDAY*******************************

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mick Milakovic

And many mooooooooooooore...........:D

Mick

crash carden

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN PENTON!:D Your a great man!Thanks for all you have done for the dirt bike world.Have a great day and many more in the future. You are my HERO![8D] Crash Carden, GO TEAM PENTON!

Rocket

I echo all the sentiments of the previous posts, Happy Birthday Mr. Penton, your hard work and dedication to this sport has been an inspiration to all of us.  Pentonmania is a great place to be!!
Rod Gorzny (Rocket)

OUCWBOY

Happy Birthday JOHN.
If it weren't for you, nothing would be like it is today. These great people would not be part of this outstanding group. The off road industry owes everything to you.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Lew Mayer

Happy Birthday, Mr Penton. I bought my Jackpiner 30 years ago, it's never let me down and I still race it. I wish I was as good as the bike is.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tmc3c

Happy Birthday Mr Penton !! Like all the others have said THANK YOU !! And:) for all of your trips across the pond to make the PENTONs like you wanted them "WINNERS" !!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Don Roth

Happy Birthday John, and many,many more I hope.
Proud and honored to be able to ride YOUR bike(s)!
-don

swamp fox

I would like to reiterate all that was said, and send you a heartfelt Happy Birthday also. We would be hard pressed to find someone who could do all that you have done for the cycling community. Thank you Mr. Penton. May there be many more.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

LynnCamp

Has Mr. Penton ever set the record straight on his birth year.  In the various information/resources that I have read -- I seem to remember that there is some question as to the correct year???

(this is really just a cagey way of finding out how old Mr. P is! :D

firstturn

Lynn,
  I went by the Big Mac place on 22nd Street today in Oak Brook, but I didn't see a Penton parked outside?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

LynnCamp

You should have recognized the truck with the Penton Owners Group Logo plastered all over it....and the Mars license tag (courtesy of the Man from Mars) .... that is all us Penton Wannabees have to display!

You better not be telling me that you were in the area again and didn't call.... you are going to give me a major inferiority complex![xx(]

BTW - just in case you come calling during your next trip -- the office complex on 22nd street is where we stick the shoppaholics that need to be next to the mall.  For the rest of us that need trees, water and underground parking (so you won't be able to see the POG flags) we are hidden in the "Campus" location off of Jorie Blvd.  In separate buildings from our campus office, there is a Hyatt hotel/restaurant, Hamburger University and Kroc museum and some nice fishing and paddle boating... so a fun place to visit.

TGTech

JP's birthday discrepancy, has to do with his getting into the military. He wanted to jump the gun, and as a result, he suddenly became 18 before his time.

His daughter BJ know's the reality, but I'm not sure, so I won't try to speculate.

Dane

Paul Danik

In the rear of Ed Youngblood's book is located "A Penton Chronolgy", it states that Mr. Penton was born on August 19, 1925.

I remember in around 1970 Mr. Penton put on an Inter-AM at Honda Hills.  There were 52 riders in the 125cc support class, as we sat on the line Mr. Penton announced that he would lead us around on a parade lap, he would have been around 45 at that time.  I remember thinking to myself that they should have a younger rider leading us around, I changed my opinion after about 1/3 of a lap!!!!  

There were many highlights for me on that trip, one was attending a John DeSoto MX school on Sat. morning and learning some great tips from a really nice guy.  Finding out on Saturday evening that Mr. Penton was staying a couple of rooms down from us was really something, Mr. Penton and some of his gang spent a good hour that evening in the parking lot telling of their latest ISDT adventure to a rather large impromtu gathering. It doesn't get any better than that!! Ah, what great memories the old Nighty Nite Motel provided a farm boy from Mars:D

Paul