I HAVE A 1977 MC5 250 FOR SALE

Started by vintagedude, September 26, 2004, 10:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vintagedude

HELLO!

Im a vintage racer who has many bikes. Recently I found a 1977 (I think) MC5 250cc KTM MX bike WITH TITLE!. Its frame number is 550-05291 and its engine no is: 6-5413145. Its in rough shape, but basically complete. appears as though piston failed, as it is out of cylinder. Missing cover over ignition, RH side cover, and rear fender, but tank is in good shape, and has all other components including a Mikuni carb. bike needs a complete and total rebuild. engine does not turn.Im asking $350 for it or best offer. I think Thomas Green in the pacific northwest was interested in it, but I couldnt get a hold of him, if you know him, tell him vintagedude has his bike. Im in central washington state, and if you want this bike, e mail me at [email protected] and i will get back to you...thanks, BILL GRUBIN

Rain Man

Bill, welcome to the Penton Owners Group:)

Raymond
keep right, stay in control (sometimes)
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tomale

Hey Bill, nice to see ya found us. You will not find a nicer bunch of guys anywhere... I know you thought that our friends at VDR are great... and they are but if it is possible these are better yet, not that I am comparing mind you.
As it turns out I may not have the money for awhile and if some one else would like the bike I could probably get it to the reunion ride pretty easy if you are able to help cover the cost of getting it there. That sounds like a swinging deal. Bill is a great guy and I have enjoyed talking to him a number of times at the races a straight shooter for sure. I hate to see it leave the great Northwest though.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

vintagedude

HI THOM...

For you, I would let the bike go for a special price.well, cuz your a nice guy too, and you know me, im into other "off" brands. BUT, I will trade it for a 1974 MINT400 , that would be a fair trade wouldnt it?..BILL

tomale

Sorry bud, but do E mail me and we will talk, you can use this site to email me from or if you prefer my Email is [email protected]
anybody that can make a stepthru honda 90 fly is got to be ok.
I must admit the stuck motor has me worried. since the motor cases are made of Magnesium they are subject to water much more so than Alumimnum. This could mean that the motor is not fixable. and I would have to come up with another motor. Or at least another set of cases. I would not mind having a 74 mint 400 my self.

78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tomale

Sorry bud, but do E mail me and we will talk, you can use this site to email me from or if you prefer my Email is [email protected]
anybody that can make a stepthru honda 90 fly is got to be ok.
I must admit the stuck motor has me worried. since the motor cases are made of Magnesium they are subject to water much more so than Alumimnum. This could mean that the motor is not fixable. and I would have to come up with another motor. Or at least another set of cases. I would not mind having a 74 mint 400 my self.

78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W