**NEWS FLASH** NEW POG PRESIDENT

Started by Larry Perkins, October 08, 2004, 09:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

***NEWS FLASH***NEWS FLASH***NEWS FLASH***NEWS FLASH***

There is a NEW President of The Penton Owners Group and a better and fairer person could not have been chosen.  I think you will see some good positive changes and see the club be reperesented totally with the members and the club in mind.  Who is it, who is it you say?

PAUL DANIK- The Man From Mars

Paul rode with the Penton Team back in "The Day" and is a very accomplished rider yet today.  He is a great individual and very dedicated to the club and his family.  Back in "The Day" at the heigth of his riding career he gave it all up to provide a home for his wife and family.  He made them priority at a time in racing when many lesser men would have sacrificed to race and put family second.  

Congrats Paul and Congrats to us all as we will benefit greatly as a club because of this development.

Larry P

tmc3c

Congratulations Paul !! I am sure you will do a GREAT job !!:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Rocket

Congratulations Paul, I'll know you will do a great job.  
Rocket

OUCWBOY

Congratulations to Paul. May you thrive in your new position of President of this fine Organization. I know you will have 110% support form each and every member. Best wishes and Good Luck to you!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Mick Milakovic

Congratulations Paul!  I can only assume that, at this time, you are both anxious and worried about the future.  I can relate because I have also served as president of other organizations.  If it is of any comfort, then relax and enjoy the ride!  From what I can see of this organization you will receive lots of physical help and spiritual support.  Long live the King!

Mick

firstturn

Larry,
  Thanks for bring everyone up to date on our new President.  Paul is a not only a great person, but if it wasn't for his burning desire to get this group up and running I really don't know where we would be in 2004.  I was in contact with Paul and others every week when the group was being developed and formed.  As have been stated Paul is a Winner in all phases of his life.  I am proud to have met and visited with his Family and his Mentor the late Augie Augustine.  
  In closing, I have to share a story with all.  Paul wanted to visit with Richard Sanders and me on the Penton Owners Group.  What did your new President do?  He and Augie drove to Texas (1200 miles) and we had our visit.  Enough said.........Paul again showed his wisdom of being that of a Winner and Leader.
  Most of all Thanks Paul for accepting the Challenge and I pledge to be here for you to help in any way I can to enhance the Penton Owners Group.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Gentlemen,
   I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and show of support.  As I said at the meeting last evening, I was honored to be associated with the Penton motorcycle and family back "in the day" and I am just as honored to be associated with all of you today. I am sure that with all of us working together many great trails lay ahead for us to travel.

Let's ride!
Paul

Lew Mayer

Paul,
Congratulations,you have my full support. Keep up the good workk.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dwight Rudder

I PROTEST !  I DEMAND A RECOUNT !  THERE WERE HANGING CHADS !  THE BALLOT WAS TOO CONFUSING !

Paul, When are you getting to the ISDTR ?  We are arriving Thursday evening.  We (some VINDURO members and myself) are planning a Birthday BBQ dinner at "THE SMOKEHOUSE" in Sand Springs for my wife Debbie. As most of you know she went through a lot last year and we are lucky to still have her around. She made it to the ISDTR last year very weak but she wanted to be there with her friends. Everything is looking good and she is getting stronger. I want to invite any POG members who want to attend with us to come. We are meeting at 7 pm Thursday the 21st. I think the room is in my name. I know Doug & Dot are coming.  This is a surprise for Debbie so don't anyone let on to her.  
Cher'o,
Dwight :D

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Paul Danik

Dwight,
   You are the second person to ask for a recount, the first one was me:D  Actually as I type this the camper is warming up as Judy and I are heading to the New England states for a week of leaf peaping and hopefully Lobster eating. We have wanted to visit the White Mountain area for awhile and this is the year.  I won't be at the ISDTRR but I sure hope you guys have a great time.

I am really glad to hear that Debbie is doing so well. she's a real trooper. Please pass my birthday best wishes on to her and I hope you guys have a great party.

Gotta run.
Paul

Kip Kern

Congratulations Paul, you will make an outstanding President.  Many thanks to Alan Buehner for "manning the helm" of this wonderful organization for the past several years.  (If I remember correctly, this group was started as an idea between Al and Paul)  Being president of this organization is no easy task.  There are a lot of very knowledgeable members whom will keep you on your toes!  Also, there is quite a bit of work involved in publishing a Still Keeping Track.... , not to mention attending meetings, setting up at various M/C shows, the AMA museum and Mid Ohio.  Wow, I sure wish you luck Mr President!:D  Don't forget to delegate authority so as not to get burnt out.  Keep it fun![:p]

tomale

Congrats Paul, sorry to hear that you will not make the reunion ride. We just can not do it all. I am sure that Pogland will prosper under you care.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

OhioTed

Congrats from me too, Paul.  Congrats also to Bill Smith, for being named as a new member of the POG Board of Trustees.  I still don't know all that much about the inner workings of POG, but it appears to me that Bill is an unsung hero-sort of fellow, who documents and provides much vital data for the club, all of his own personal volition.  Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf, both Paul and Bill - and the other POG officers, too.  TED

Young Ted

Without question, Paul is qualified. As I said after his election at the meeting - he has a chain for pulling. Nothing but good times ahead, and a few laughs.

Young Ted

Mike OReilly

The first time I met Paul was at the AHRMA MX races at Ocala, Florida in March '95. I was surprised to see someone there with a Penton banner, because Pentons were very, very, few and far between in vintage MX at that time. It was good to see someone else out there boosting the marque, and to now have him as the President is an honour for the organization. His early efforts, along with those of others (ie: thank you Al Buehner for all of your years of dedication)are largely responsible how far we have come in the last decade. Congratulations.
As for the White Mts. of New Hampshire, it's one of our favourite vacation spots. In '96, I raced the AHRMA national at Southwick, then on to Cape Cod and return home through the White Mountains. Outside of North Conway, slowing for a stop at the intersection of Bear Notch Rd. and the Kankamangus Highway a man was standing beside the road yelling and waving like our vehicle might have been on fire. When I got out, he was yelling, "it's a Penton, I don't believe it, it's a Penton". It turns out he had a Penton and used to ride in the hills and mountains in that area. He was surprised and amazed to see one again and to be able to show his grandson. It was a heart warming moment and a fond White Mountain/Penton memory.
Mike