West Coast Pentons

Started by Mike Horton, October 21, 2004, 01:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bildough

I think the terrain will make one of the best tracks ever. If any of you remember mammoth Mountain in the early years I think this track will remind you of it and be even better. To me Mammoth Mt was the best track ever. Here you will have many elevation changes and steep downhills into big bermed turns heading right back up another hill with great soil and multiple lines everywhere. Racing through the trees with a view to the river will provide a postcard beautiful environment. I cant wait.

Bill Cappel

tomale

That sounds great, thanks for the heads up. I will be look forward to  racing there. It is hard to find a good track that actually has up hills and down hills. The track at Eddieville is a huge course with lots uphills and down, jumps and off camber, hard pack and some soft stuff too. It was sure a hoot to race on. My favorite track back when I was still racing in Calif. was at Watsonville. It was in the fairgrounds and the track was carved out of the side of the hill. It had a front straightaway that launched you off onto a down hill that had a hairpin corner at the bottom. It was high banked and lots of room to slow down. The track at brentwood was great too. lots of sand and plenty of places to go fast. It could get rough though.
The track at the reunion was great fun. I would have like to seen a few more incline changes and maybe a jump or two.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Bryson Williams

Looks like a west coast ISDT event is already in the planning stages, event site is being scouted this weekend by one of the great ones.  I'm sure they will let us know when it's time.

Dirk Williams

Big Mac

You go Dirk.... Let us willing VDR guys know how we might help or volunteer. I vote for a 3-day event at Sportsman park, ISDT day, Vintage MX day and Evo MX day. Maybe even a Cross-country like at Honey Lake last year.

Jon McLean
503-320-7527
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

clayman

Wow! you guys, this is exciting!

You can count on me covering the event in Cycle News and, hopefully competing, if I can complete the Penton. I'm sure Dirk would have a "spare" Monark for me if the steel tanker project stalls. I'll help any way that I can.

Clay

Bryson Williams

Boys I didn't mean to mislead you,  It's not me doing it, I can only say that something is in the works. When it's a "go" those who are doing the foot work will proudly make the announcement.

Dirk