FIRE!

Started by Mike Lenz, June 13, 2001, 11:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

I just had a house fire and lost alot of my vintage parts. About a dozen tanks,some new. Seats,ect and two dealer inventories. The points I want to make are: Dont store your parts in anything plastic. It melted and engulfed the parts, parts that would still be good otherwise. Parts stored in cardboard or even in the open fared better! Check your insurance. My homowners ins will cover this loss (Of what I can find again) but only because my agent had added on every option that was available and one of the "ultra plus" options picked it up! A plug for Indiana Ins co. SO far they have been great. MY rebuild contracter says the are one of the best as far as not denying things. Dont think you dont have to worry about this, you do. they have told me that one in 7 people go through a fire!

Rocket

Mike
Very sorry to hear about the fire.  I live close enough to you that if you need any help, send me an e-mail and I'll come down.
Rocket

Keith

I am also one of the seven from years ago.  It's not the house but all the things in it that are irreplacible.  Great to hear you have good insurance.  Take care.

Mike Lenz

Thanks alot guys. Were doing fine.