WANTED SEALS FOR MARZOCCHI REAR SHOCKS

Started by G Ellis, November 16, 2004, 07:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Ellis

I need two sets of seals for rear shocks. The shocks are the large shaft size. Does anybody have some, or know where I can get some.

Larry Perkins

Donny had some when he bought my NOS parts.  Try him.

Larry P

Rocket

G
I did a search on the net and found Marzocchi in Valencia, Ca.  You can buy the rebuild kits from them.  661.257.6630
Rocket

rd400pi

Rocket,
  I called the California Marzocchi number and they said they don't support anything more than 10 years old.  Bummer.  Did you get a different story?  If so, what is the fella's name so I can talk to him next time.;)

Mike Husted

Rocket

I talked to Mike in the Moto Tech division.  He said no problem getting parts, seal kits.
Rocket

G Ellis

Thanks for the info Rocket. I called them today and ordered 4 sets to rebuild some shocks. I emailed Donny he dosen't have any. Thanks again for all the help. Gary

Rain Man

Gary, what are the shaft sizes,[?]  I got 3 pair that need repair.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

G Ellis

My rear shock shaft size is 10mm that is for a # 3 shock.Email me and I will give you the part number.Or if you want to I am going to start rebuilding some, and I ordered a gallon of shock oil. I can rebuild yours if you want.

rd400pi

Rocket, Gary,...
  I called Mike in the Moto Tech Division today and he told me they had 103 rebuild kits for the "AG Strata" shocks.  They are $22.80 each.  Is the AG Strata the name of the piggyback shocks from MC5 type bikes (76/77) or is the Stata a newer shock?  Mike said one Penton restoration type guy called back and said the kits worked ok.  Did anybody rebuild the MC5 piggybacks with these kits?  i just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Mike Husted

G Ellis

rd400pi Do you know if your shocks are a #3,or #4? I have the part number for a #3.Dealer price is a little less. Hope this will help.

DKWRACER

Some added info I found from an old tech manual:

Series 3, 10mm damp. rod for conventional shorter travel (verticle)
(have also seen some 2's)
Series 4, 12mm damp. rod for laydown position, should have an added shim in the stack for firmer dampening

The bulletin I have mentions "AG1" 10mm shaft and "AG2" 12mm shaft
no mention of "Strata" in the text, perhaps a model that they gave to the piggyback units in general?
I can make copies and fax if interested, just send me an email with fax # etc....
Tom.........
Thomas Brosius

Jdbglover

I found this link on a Ducati site, theses instructions are for rebuilding Strada Shocks.  The instruction were very similar to the rebuild instructions for the Marzocchi off road shocks.  I believe Strada Shocks are road shocks, the red shocks you see on ebay.

http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/marzocchi1.html

John

rob w

Here is a few more Marzocchi sources-

http://www.cosmotor.com in PA.
&
http://www.vintagedirtbike.com in TX.

Both sites give their phone numbers on the home page.

Rain Man

I have a 76 mc5 and a 77 gs and a spare set of shocks that are, of course broken in the most inappropriate place. :(   One sets a #2 and the 77's a #4, all have 12mm rods.  Now do they charge these "piggy backed" shocks with nitrogen or oil ??  2kg/cm 2

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

G Ellis

Rainm Man Set your shock body at 20 degree angle,remove top screw out of piggy back fill shock till it comes out of screw hole. Oil level in the body of shock should be 1/4 in. from top of body.