35mm Fork Identification

Started by classof74, November 19, 2004, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classof74

I have a number of NOS 35mm fork tubes I'm trying to identify.

Diameter: 35mm
Length 24.5 Inches

Inside one end of the fork is threaded, obviously for the cap. The other end has a circlip grove and opposing crescent shaped cutouts, probably to ease getting the circlip out when needed. Additionally, inside the fork tube, 63mm from the outside edge, there is a landing of sorts. Essentially, the initial ID is a couple of mm larger. At 63mm the ID is reduced a few mm thus creating the landing.

Photos:

//www.vintagemonark.com/images/fork1.jpg
//www.vintagemonark.com/images/fork2.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Mark

wildman

Does the threaded end of the tube have a taper where it enters the top triple clamp? If so, they may fit strait leg Ceriani forks from 73 to 76 or so. There are several lengths for early and late 35s.

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

classof74

They are 35mm from top to bottom. No taper. Someone needs these NOS tubes if I can just figure out what they are. :)

Mark

Gavin Housh

Mark, if the fork tubes don't have the tappered top end then they are probably the old steel tank short travel (5in) forks. I owned a steel tanker at one time but don't have it anymore to measure the tube length. If you feel that your parts are from a Penton inventory then you can be fairly sure they are for the steel tankers. If you have other stuff (non Pento) in your parts inventory then who knows. Sorry I guess that's not much help. Maybe Kip Kern would know more as I've heard he's restored several steel tank Pentons. G man.

classof74

This box of NOS fork tubes was included in a Monark Inventory I purchased. As far as I know, all Monarks had 32mm fork tubes. This inventory also had some Royal Enfield parts as well. At least they are somewhat standard...I have a pair of Dalesman fork tubes that are 33.33mm. I wonder who was responsible for that. :)

Mark

firstturn

Mark,
  If you want to send me a picture of the forks I will help you identify them.
[email protected]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh