Penton mint 400

Started by xpanterax_1, November 20, 2004, 10:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpanterax_1

I just bought a penton mint 400, missing the engine, seat, tank, and all plastic except the fenders. Everything there is in fixable shape, and i was wondering wether or not it was worth it to put the money into. I paid 10 dollars for what i got, which i thought was a steal, but it needs so many parts. should i put the money into it or not?

tomale

Welcome, Well you certainly got it for a great price. the rest... that will depend on how long you are willing to wait to get it at a price that you want to pay. All of what you will need is available. It depends on what you are willing to pay. It is possible to get a barn fresh bike for a great price but that does not happen all that often. If a Mint 400 is what you really want and you do not mind taking your time. you could put together a nice bike. It all depends on what you want. You may think about keeping your eye out for a bike that is much more complete and then use the one you have to either supplement what is missing or use it to barter etc. This is a good place to find alot of such things and you will find all the help you will need to put something together. That is something money can not buy. Good luck and stay tuned. let us know how it is going.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W