Dumb Question #1

Started by cubfan1968, November 29, 2004, 10:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

I checked the old postings to try to get the answer but I can't find it.
What is the size of the allen heads on the cylinder head of a "72" 6 Day. I really don't want to buy a full set of these things if I don't have to.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

Rod,
  I am not at my shop to measure it now, but remember you will need more than one size eventually and buying a set of Craftsman allen wrenches is just the correct thing to do.  I say Craftsman since I receive no hassle from them when I need a replacemant.  I got tired of false promises and having to chase down trucks that other manufactures have as their representatives.[V]  Just my take...

Also here is the link for Al with what tools he has avaliable for the Sachs engine:  http://pentonpartsusa.com/catalog.php?pagenum=12

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Listen to Steve...I just assume everyone would go for the sockets.  I will try to do better in the future[:p].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Steve Minor

Sorry Ron....I must have deleted my reply just before you hit your "send" button. When I read my reply, I realized that most of us would purchase allen head sockets for head studs and I might offend someone's intellegence by suggesting it.

What I said to Rod was to buy what ever size allen head he needed in socket form......so it will fit his torque wrench...
Steve Minor

Kip Kern

cubfan1968

Tell you what guys I'm a man short on funds now. So 1 socket is all I can afford. When you bet Nebraska, Iowa State and the Kansas City Chiefs in the same week its hard on the pocket book.
I'm considering taking the motor out and adding pedals, pre mix is expensive.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Gavin Housh

Rod, you really should get your priorities straight. Pentons and the tools to work on them are more important than football! [B)] Just kidding, Good luck with the allen wrenchs. Gavin.