Seat Foam, Pipe

Started by Kip Kern, November 29, 2004, 01:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Wanted:  Seat Foam for "68/69" Penton.  Also, GS pipe for "77" 125 GS Penton "Turtle Back"  Thanks in advance[8D] [email protected]  Heck, it doesn't hurt to dream!:D

Steve Minor

Kip.......what's meant by a 77 125 GS Turtle Back? I'm not familar with that description.
Steve Minor

Kip Kern

Steve

It is the 1977 GS 125 that has the large "goofy" backbone on the frame breather.  It kinda looks like a Turtle shell!  A 125, 175, 250 and 400 were made in that configuration.  The 125 and 175 share the same frame and the 250 and 400 do the same.  Problem is, the parts book calls for different exhaust pipes per model, bummer:(

Steve Minor

Thanks Kip.......I did not know that! I have a 1977 125 GS6 project bike I picked up and hope to start soon....I've never even had the tank off to see what it looks like underneath....should I expect a "turtle back", as you say?

Also......care to make any comment or enter an opinion on the 1977 125 GS6?...I swear it won't hurt my feelings if it's negative. Actually, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to spend alot of time and money on something I won't enjoy.
Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

The 125 GS6 was a very good handler but quite heavy compared to the Japanese offerings.  It dogged more than the MC5 from being under carbed and having the stiffling pipe that they came with.  Neat collectible bike but not a good weapon for AHRMA if you are going to race because the class is 0-200 and the 175 GS6 is more from all angles.

Larry P

nsujeff

Hi Kip,
 Let me know if you find the 68/69 foam. Thanks

Jeffrey P. Borer
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

Kip Kern

Got a pipe for the 125 GS, still looking for seat foam for a 68/69 short seat!  Thanks;)

firstturn

Kip,
  Do you need to borrow a original seat to copy?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Ron,   If you have an original piece of foam from a 68/69 seat, I would like to borrow it as my seat guy can copy anything.  Thanks!  7696E 100S, Marion, IN 46953   Happy Holidays!

firstturn

Kip,
  I have a original complete seat.  I don't want it taken apart (too delicate, but if you want to borrow it ...no problem.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

DKWRACER

Steve, it was nice to meet you at the RR, sorry you had ig. problems, hopefully corrected. Concerning your new found "turtleback" MC, even though Larry is quite the historian, there are dreams that happen with each and everyone of your Pentons/KTM's...Some of my Pentons started out with only a bolt. Save, keep everything you have!
Work on it! wrench on it! love it! it's your's forever
1977 is a very special year
10th anni.?
Tom....
Thomas Brosius

Kip Kern

Ron, Got the seat covered, (no pun intended), Kevin Grimes helped out.  Thanks for the offer friend.:)