Jackpiner pistons

Started by baxtermcc, December 03, 2004, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtermcc

Can anyone provide some help with a few questions about 1972-73 Jackpiner pistons?

1) Are pistons for this engine available? From whom?
2) Is this piston the 'tall' or 'short' piston?
3) What it the standard bore for this engine?

Thanks in advance,
Bob McCullough

Rocket

Bob
Standard bore is 63.5 mm, tall piston and Al Buehner is getting the pistons remade.  Don't know if they are in production yet, heard they had some problems.
Rocket

Don Roth

As Rocket stated, the pistons are considered 'tall' and yes,
Al has them in stock, I purchased one a while back (month)
pretty reasonable also. Wisco remakes, with rings.
-don

Rain Man

I just had one of the new Pistons put in my JackPiner and kinda anxious to try it out. Time will tell on this new piston, which we've been waiting a long time for.
 My biggest problem is its winter and I can't put many "riding hours" on it,(bbrrr) and most of it would be either on the ice (fast) or down in 2nd gear, (slow) all the time.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Lloyd Boland

It's tough riding in the winter cold, it's dropping down to 40s and 50s at night and only gets to the mid 60s and low 70s in the afternoon.  I heard it's going to cool down tomorrow and only be in the low to mid 60s at race time.  Oh well, it's tough racing in So. Cal.  Off to Glen Helen in the morning.

Mike Lenz

firstturn

Mike,
  Check your email..............big guys and good racers always get the last laugh.[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rocket

My favorite time of the year to ride is in the winter months, put on the Trelleborg studded tires and go.  No sweat running in your eyes and no dust!!  Don't let a little cold spoil the fun.
Rocket