Penton 125/6D

Started by firstturn, December 11, 2004, 11:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

First it was Don Roth's 100 up for sale and now it is Donny Smith's 125/6D for sale on ebay.  I had several emails this morning on this bike so here is the scoop.  This is a Pro bike that is race ready and set up for a Pro to ride.  The bike is a hole shot King and has the correct componets for the MX Wars.  The reason I say this is that the bike was built strictly for MX with the '72 frame, D engine, PVL ignition and 35mm front end.  Just my take.[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

clayman

Donny's 1972 "D" model-powered 125 is a nice, very well-built racer that would surely dominate AHRMA's Classic 125cc class with the right racer in the saddle!

Nice bike, Donny!
Clay

rob w

Yes, that is a nice set-up, looks like a fun and competitive 'Classic 125' ride . The word is out though that he might trade for transportation and good tickets to the Orange Bowl.
;)
Bob

firstturn

Rob W,
  You are the perceptive one[^].  If I had tickets I would give them to Donny.  I would have hated to have to line up across the line from him, but he would probably help you up after turning you knees backwards.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Rob,
Orange Bowl would be nice! Maybe some day when I'm rich and famous! I hate to sell this, but gotta have some cash flow if you know what I mean.
Ron,
Today that would be the case! I would help you (or anyone) up, however back in the day, I was mean and hateful. Doubt if I would have helped up my own mother on the field I was a killer, off the filed was a different matter. Growing up in Oklahoma is like growing up in Texas. Football is all there is. You eat, drink and sleep football from the time you start walking. I can remember my Jr High coaches grabbing our face masks and yelling at us like we were a bunch of drunken sailors. Never been called so many four letter words in my entire life. It was kill or be killed. Sure have mellowed out since then though.
Thanks both you you! You put a smile on my face today!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR