73 125 info needed

Started by G Ellis, December 16, 2004, 10:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Ellis

I am working on a 73 125 PENTON. Frame number is 30363918 by the info on the frame number it is a 125. I believe it is original,but it has a red tank,airbox and airbox cover. I thought that all 125 were green in 73. Is it possible that this is correct? Took the jug off, and it is marked as a 54 bore, on the bottom of the jug. It dosn't have a motor tag on it.When I picked it up I thought it might be a 100. Any info on this matter would be appreciated.  Thanks Gary Ellis

Rocket

Gary
Your bike probably started life as a 100 but somebody swapped the jug to make it a 125.  Might have wanted more power, or possibly
"cheating" in the 100 class.  Hard to believe any upstanding Penton owners would do such a thing!! [}:)]
Rocket

firstturn

Rocket,
  That bike was probably from up North.  Those guys knew all the tricks.  Us poor Southern boys just had to run what we brung.[:I]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Yeah,but you southern moonshiners taught us how to do it.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tmc3c

Yeah Lew, But that was just in our trucks that brought the bikes to the track ! Our bikes were all stock except for our tires !!;)

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Whew, Texas is known for some bull throwing but it seems that SC boys learned about it too!    Red Pentons were 100s when they left  the factory.   We all have a tendancy to try to make things better.

swamp fox

OOPS!
My little Berkie had this option.  

Doug,
Is this why you put the tag "Texas Twins, Hope you like it" on my rebuild?Hmmm

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r