Wanted 1972 Piner Frame

Started by tlanders, December 17, 2004, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Does anyone have one to sell? I don't need anything but the frame. I would consider buying more if you need to sell the whole bike.

Teddy

tlanders

The frame I am looking for is not the high breather frame. I figured I needed to respond to my post before everybody offered me millions of frames.

Teddy

OUCWBOY

Teddy,
I'm sure I have one. I'll have to check and see for sure, but I have about a dozen different ones.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

Ted,

I have one that came with the stuff I bought from Steve in Illinois.  Give me a call after you get back from your Christmas trip and will do Chadwick on the modern bikes and fix you up.

Larry P

wildman

I also have a 72 piner frame sw.arm and rear wheel, tank and seat if these others don't pan out. Dan Pagel Grand Rapids, Mich.

1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125
1975 250 Cross Country, 1974 175 Jackpiner, 1975 125

tlanders

Thanks for all the responses. I found a local low breather frame but it has the brake on the rider's left side. Do all the low breather frames come with the square rear hubs? I am looking for a low breather frame for a conical rear hub, so the brake is on the rider's right side. Or did they change to the conical rear hub at the same time as the high breather frame?

Thanks again for your help. Merry CHRISTmas - keeping CHRIST in Christmas!!!

Teddy

Larry Perkins

Ted

The square hub and the low breather were a match and the conical came in 73 with the high breather.

Larry P

clayman

Ted,

Thanks for your bold Christmas statement! I totally agree with you: that's the real meaning of CHRISTmas!:)

Good luck in your Jackpiner frame search. If you were looking for the standard frame, I could help you, although I'm all they way out on the West Coast. I have a Jackpiner to part out: pipe, frame, complete front end, tank belt, wheel set with axels (rims have some rust), airbox and sidepanel if anybody has needs.

Clay

Lew Mayer

Clay, it's not,by chance,the small tank,is it?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

clayman

Lew,

Unfortunately, I'll never know what tank it had on it. It was parted out before I "rescued" it from the metal crusher. It is missing the tank, seat and motor.

Merry Christmas,
Clay

Mike Lenz

Clayman, I would be interested in the pipe. What shape is it and what do you want for it?
Thanks

maxumpilot

Quotequote:Originally posted by tlanders

Thanks for all the responses. I found a local low breather frame but it has the brake on the rider's left side. Do all the low breather frames come with the square rear hubs? I am looking for a low breather frame for a conical rear hub, so the brake is on the rider's right side. Or did they change to the conical rear hub at the same time as the high breather frame?

Teddy

Bill
Bill

maxumpilot

Teddy,  Did you find a frame yet?  I have a '72 175 frame  It is s/n 7-21159734.  The brake is on the right side.  I'm in San Diego, California.  This bike was ridden until 1975.  My father disassembled the engine in November 1975 and didn't ever reassemble it.  The frame has always been stored out of the weather.  Make an offer.  It looks like I have the all the parts to make the whole bike, but it is in pieces and some of the engine/transmission components (gears) have rust on them.

Let me know soon.  My plan is to sell it for parts on ebay.

Quotequote:Originally posted by tlanders

Teddy

Bill
Bill