76-77 MC5 250 Exhaust Pipe

Started by mx503, December 20, 2004, 02:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mx503

I am restoring two 77 MC5 250's and I need at least one and would like to buy two exhaust pipes. I have seen an aftermarket pipe on one of the forums. I think I would prefer the stock pipe for the bikes but I am going to race one. What is available, where do I buy and are the aftermarket pipes better?  I am not quite starting from scratch but close. I also may not do the motor work myself. Any suggestions there? Thanks for the help!

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

Big Mac

Check with Andy at Ace on pipes, he's listed under suppliers. Very few originals around, so unless someone here has one hanging in the rafters for sale, Andy's your best bet. The GS-6 pipes are even harder to come by than the MXs, since no one is making anything aftermarket that I'm aware of which is quiet and has a spark arrestor. Some guy from Europe offered me $300 for the original pipe off a '75 GS400 that I bought on ebay for $700. Yikes.

If you go at the engine yourself and need any engine parts, shoot me a note...I have remnants of 2 250 motors I'm soon to sell off. Good luck.  Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

mx503

Thanks Mac!
I have a couple of rusty pipes that I am not sure if they can be salvaged. I missed a pipe as it was labled wrong and I did not look at it close enough. Thanks for your offer on the motor parts. I keep you posted.

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

Dave Withrow

I have one for sur and maybe two.  They don't have the silencer(why they took those things off I'll never know), but are solid pipes.  Let me know if you want them.  Good luck and.......GO PENTON!

Dave Withrow
All Wyoning County Safety 1975/76

mx503

Dave,
I will take them! I will email you with my contact info. Thanks so much for your help.
Bob

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed