Pipes again

Started by tlanders, December 25, 2004, 04:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

Has anyone tried to put an MC80 snake pipe in a pre 1975 frame? This is the pipe that starts out going horizontally to the right then down then to the left and ends up coming up on the left side like ususal. The advantage I think would be that most of the "fat" part of the pipe would be over before it crosses over the engine and it would be easier to work on on the carb, airbox boot, etc.

A second question, does anyone have an MC80 420 or 400 pipe for sale?

Teddy

Dennis Jones

Merry Christmas Teddy,

I bought a 74 250 with a 79 engine and pipe in it. I don't know if it was a snake pipe, but the fat part ended before crossing the
cylinder. It fit and looked good. It looked like all that was changed was to cut off the top mount on the frame and drill a hole in the upper front frame gusset for the 79 pipe mount. Most of the fat part of this pipe came up the front downtube and just under the front part of the tank. It looked like a real clean swap. Hope this helps.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

tlanders

Merry CHRISTmas to you too Dennis. Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to seeing you at the races next year.

Teddy

Mike Lenz

Teeeedddddyyyyy, thats not in "the spirit of the period" as AHRMA puts it...but is it legal I think.