175 Jackpiner valuation help

Started by penton117, June 21, 2001, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Hello fellow poggers. Can you folks give me an idea of the worth of my 1972 175cc Jackpiner? I am considering putting a "for sale" sign on it at this weekend's Vintage Iron World Championship, but don't have a clue as to what it is worth. I just completely rebuilt the motor, including new bore, piston, rings, bearings, seals, NOS ignition, new  Bing w/ choke, new cables, replated shifter and kickstarter. It has  shoulderless alloys, bridgestone tires, NJB shocks, new tank strap, original alloy front fender, plastic rear fender. rebuilt 32mm Ceriani forks, with new seals, bushings, dust covers and steering head bearings. It has about three hours on it since rebuilding, no races, and has been jetted and sorted out. It is ready to ride and doesn't need a thing. To make 100% it should be disassembled and have the frame repainted, because it is the original frame paint and is showing it's age. Here is a link to a couple of [url="http://www.avac.com/jack175.jpg"photos]

Rocket

It sounds to me that you put a lot of money and time into this machine.  Looks very nice.
I am not sure what I would ask for it either, start high, you can always go down, maybe around the 2000 mark to start with?
Rocket

OUCWBOY

I just recently purchased a 72' 175 but not nearly as in good as shape as yours and I paid a grand.  Hope you do bring it to the Vintage Iron on Sunday.  I was there today and didn't see it.

Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR