Penton Open golf

Started by tmc3c, December 27, 2004, 07:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Ok guys mark on your New Penton calendars the Penton Open golf match at Mid Ohio this year !! Greg Holder and myself were out today getting ready for it!!:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

swamp fox

Thomas,
Take it easy on Greg. I see he's on the second row for the Swamp Fox Enduro in 2 weeks. Maybe I can get off from work and watch 'em zip by.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

bildough

Hey the pacific Northwest will field a team to play at Mid Ohio. Bill Cappel and Ryan Wheeler.. what do we do average our moto finishes and then apply that as our handicaps toward the golf. Im sure Rod Gorzney will bring some ringers from the northeast.

Bill cappel

swamp fox

Hey Thomas,
By the way, wasn't it a little cold up there today? We've been hovering around 30 the last two days.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

Yeah It's COLD!!! but we weathered through it !! It's 22 tonight.
Greg told me he is going to run the Swamp Fox run . I will check my work sch. and hope to make it down to watch myself !! I will be in touch!!
Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Hey bill the one we got to watch is Doug Wilford, Kip Kern, and Jack Penton !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

bildough

still sounds like great fun. lets see we neutralize Doug by getting him talking on the sachs tranny problems. We get Kip on something else to throw him off, and lets see what to do about Jack?

Bill cappel
recycling orphaned Berkies

Lew Mayer

You Heathens! How can you think about golf when there's all that wunnerful Motorsickle stuff goin' on? Mid-Ohio, the Mecca of all Things Vintage 'n Two-wheeled. Just remember golf is flog spelled backwards.;)

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Doug Wilford

Thomas it is not fair to pick on us snow bound duffers.  You really didn't have to lay it on so thick about going out practicing, when all we can do is think about it.   I realize that you just had to get out there and loose a couple of those nice Pro V-1s you got for Christmas.  In order to get all these motorcycle racers to participate we may have to move the Penton Invitational Golf Extravaganza to Wednesday. Have an 18 hole team scrambles in the morning and an 18 hole individual stroke play in the afternoon.  That would make for a good day at the links.  [:I]
Doug

firstturn

Doug,
  Since you are the MASTER of gears and shims I wondering if you could help me with a RATIO problem.  I think that what you are discussing is 36 rounds of golf in one day???  If this is the case and you know ratios, isn't there some type of handycapp you should be giving those younger guys?  I thinking of something along the lines of dividing 36 into ones age and that way you could give these young guys a little advantage.  How am I doing Doug??? or are you thinking the RATIO should be on the side of the more seasoned Rider oh I mean Golfer?[:o)]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Say Doug how did you know that I was going to loose some of those nice PRO V1's ??? I think they should come out with a PRO V1 floater ball so I could at least see it instead of just hearing it going SPLASH and never seeing it again !! And if the wind was blowing just right somebody could play the ball again sooner or later.Also Doug you
 know it is suppose to be in the high 60's this weekend[:o)]

Ron, I think you are right about him giving us youngin's some strokes !! And it is a good thing he is snowed in !! gives all others a chance.:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Don Roth

OK Guys, from the archives:
It seems St Peter and Jesus are playing a round of golf, they come to the third hole, a dogleg left par 4 about 330 yards with a water trap
right in front of the green, Jesus grabs a 2 iron to start, St Peter
says," Say, are you going to lay up, you know you can't reach the green with an iron."
Jesus replies, "Well, Greg Norman hits the green with a 2 iron, so..."
Jesus hits his tee shot, Kerplop, right into the water hazard. So, he
reaches into his bag and tries another ball, same result, into the water.
St Peter says" Say, you really should either lay up or use a wood"
Jesus again says "if Greg can do it, so can I" and continues to hit into the water.
Eventually, he runs out of balls, walks down to the water,
walks ON THE WATER and starts picking up his balls.
A foursome comes up from behind and one golfer asked St Peter,
"Who does that guy think he is, Jesus Christ?!?"

St. Peter says, "Nah, he thinks he is Greg Norman!"

Happy '05 to all duffers.
-don

Mick Milakovic

Another one from the archives:

Jesus and Moses are off playing golf when they arrive at a hole surrounded by water.

Moses selects his club and duffs his ball towards the water, but the waters part and his ball hits a rock and bounces onto the green!

"Nice shot," says Jesus, especially the "parting of the waters" approach.

Jesus is up next and his ball also heads for the water, but no, it "walks" its way onto the green and stops two feet from the hole!

Suddenly, the skies darken and a thunder bolt splits the blackened clouds.  A golf ball drops out where a bald eagle grabs it in his claws, flies towards the green and softly drops it onto the green where it rolls into the cup for a hole-in-one!

Moses turn to Jesus and says "I hate it when your dad plays!"

Mick

Doug Wilford

Ratio, handicaps huh!  That is an easy one.    It is called "T" markers   20-40 year olds get to use Blue or Black Tees,  40-60 year olds get to use the White Tees, 60 and up use the Gold or Red Tees,  That way it don't matter if you are golfing left handed or right handed, and you can use any brand golf ball.     For Thomas sake we should have two prizes.  One for who ever looses the most golf balls and Two the person that looses the least, real scores are only used to see who is the most honest.   [:o)]  Funny, I never did play well when my Dad was playing either.

DKWRACER

Pro V1's NAH Titliest.....

At the conclusion of a round and at the 19th hole, a foursome came into the clubhouse for a friendly barley pop. Bob was questioned about the severe welt on the side of his cheek...His bud's were intrigued...
Bob, what happened????
He explained that coming onto the 18th tee, a foursome of LOL (old ladies) had just teed off and were out in the field to the right trying to find an errant shot...Being true sportsmen, the males decided to help in locating the lost ball...After some time, with little luck, Bob vertured toward a grazing cow, his imagination ran wild about the impossible odds that this lost ball was somehow lodged in the most inconspicous place....without further hesitation, he and all proceeded to the cow's flank...he promptly lifted up the cow's tail and blurted "hey lady does your's look like this"

Sand wedges are formidible weapons of insane digestion
Now you know the rest of the story!!!!!

Birdies your way!!!
Tom......
Thomas Brosius