Lectron vs Bing

Started by Steve Minor, January 07, 2005, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Hey Steve, thanks for the Hondaline nduro jacket, it fits purfect, veddy,veddy vintage look. I have a NOS Mikuni 32mm which might work for you, it's a spigot mount with 2.5 slide, contact me offline if interested.. Thanks once again for the jacket. How's the 400 ignition problem coming along? Tom...
Thomas Brosius

Steve Minor

Tom.....glad you like the jacket and it fit.

I think everyone has talked me into keeping the Lectron on the 125 for now. I've never fooled with Lectrons and who knows, I might love it. As far as the 400 ignition goes, I'm sorry to say I haven't sent it off to be tested yet. In Tulsa, Dane told me to check everything else out (coil ground, frame ground, etc) first and to be honest, I haven't found time.

Steve
Steve Minor

Young Ted

Steve - The Lectron on my '77 250 GS6 has worked fine for years. A new bowl and float set up has been it since '83. I don't adjust the rod at all and never have trouble due to elevation, temperature or what have you. It simply does a good job.
Young Ted

Tommy_V

I'm shaping up my 74 Jackpiner to ride this year, so what size Lectron would work well?

Tommy
Tommy

tomale

I stand corrected, Sorry, I thought that the Lectron was illegal in any of the Post vintage classes. I was wrong. I looked at the new handbook and they are illegal for the vintage stuff but are legal for all of the Post vintage. Interesting note. Mikuni and Keihin flat slide carbs are not legal for the Historic or GrandPrix classes but are for the Ultima class. Odd but true. I checked it as I was typing this out. Hmmm maybe I should find me a Lectron for my 400......Thanks for setting me straight[8D]

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W