Nebraska VMX

Started by cubfan1968, January 07, 2005, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

A new club for the Vintage MX crowd is starting up in the Cornhusker state. Check out their web site //www.nevmx.com :)

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

smkt342

Interesting, I'm in Omaha and didn't know anything about it.  What time does the kickoff start on the 15th?

Keith Taylor

cubfan1968

I saw the flier at Robertsons Motorsports in Omaha. The meeting is 5:30 next Saturday January 15 at Star City Motorsports in Lincoln. Looks like it might be worth checking out.
You and I must be the only Penton owners in Omaha.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

smkt342

Well, actually, I gotta pic up another Penton. Sold my last one.  Got vintage bikes but Pentonless for now, yes, I know a sin.  Isn't robersons mainly a road bike place?  I think I went there once long ago.

Keith Taylor

cubfan1968

See,I am the only Penton owner in Nebraska. The owner of Robertsons is Mark Robertson, he has worked for alot of different MC shops in the Omaha Council Bluffs area. While they work on mainly road bikes his roots are in dirt bikes. He was familiar with Pentons and is easy to work with.
Back to the club. I called the man who is starting the club. He wants to bring together folks who have an interest in the vintage dirt bikes. He thinks there are alot of old dirt bikes out there setting in barns just waiting to be used again. I'm going to check it out.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

smkt342

Ah Fooey, the one saturday night I have booked in January is that night.  Hey give me and call and let's talk bikes!  

Keith Taylor
896-1809  Omaha

Tony Price

Keith,

It would be kind of hard to hide the checks, but maybe you guys can find the tree in Nebraska and run a Vintage Enduro around it?[:p]  

Just a thought.....

Congrats on finding some local enablers and group therapy partners!

Tony
Tony