Bob Wardlow on the cover of Vintage Views?

Started by Mark Annan, January 15, 2005, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

I just came in from the Mailbox.  Opened up the envelope containing the newest issue of Vintage Views.  And who do I see?  Our own Bob Wardlow.  At least I think that is him.  They couldn't identify him by rider number due to the mud :-).  Way to go Bob!

Mark

rob w

Thank you Mark,
Yep, out of the 5300 AHRMA members to grace the cover, this month is my 15 minutes of fame. I won't be due to come up again until the year 2446, so I'm gonna take it all in right now.

Something to watch for if you're riding AHRMA events, is to see if Matt Benson is there taking photos, he offers these photos for sale and you can find them on the AHRMA site. Last week I ordered two 8 x 10's from the same event as this mag cover. It's a shopping cart sort of thing thru "Dot Photo", it took three days and they're beautiful photographs.

http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/index_030105.html
Thanks
see ya
Bob

terry

How can I subscribe to Vintage Views?

Thank You
Terry

Mark Annan

Terry,

Vintage Views is the monthly magazine of AHRMA (American Historic Racing
Motorcycle Association).  It is included with membership.
The membership office is:

Lorie Smith, Membership Coordinator
PO Box 1648
Brighton, MI 48116-1648
(810) 225-6085, Fax, (810) 225-6095
[email protected]

//www.ahrma.org

They should ba able to set you up.

Regards,  Mark

Lew Mayer

And now,he's on the cover of our website! Way to go,Rob!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

tmc3c

For those of us who don't get Vintage Views, Thanks for the home page picture of Bob !! What a cool shot !! Way to go Bob !! GO TEAM PENTON!![8D]Thanks Karen for looking out for us !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Paul Danik

A big thanks goes to Matt Benson from AHRMA who provided the original photo for us to work with.  Incase you haven't noticed, if you click on the home page photo it will enlarge for better study of it's neat details. , THANKS KAREN!!!
   Notice the toe on the shifter, light body english, total concentration, what a great shot! If you didn't know better you  might think this shot was taken back in the "70s".
   OK you AHRAMA racers this ought to get you motovated for this coming season.  Lets hear from you guys, what are your plans?  What are you riding?  How do you prep your bikes?  What are your favorite event locations?  Motocross? Trials? Cross country?  How about some pointers for guys who are sitting on the sidelines thinking about running some events.

rob w

Thanks Paul,

I don't ride or race my Penton nearly as much as I'd like to. But about half the times I have gone in the last few years, I've ran into some wet and sloppy conditions.
 It changes everything, the bikes reliability, your riding pace and riding style. Having no traction wears you out faster because it's harder to relax. I've gained a much deeper appreciation for guys that can ride fast in the mud. Now that my bike is worn in (looking used and commited to be a racer) I like the mud once in awhile.

The day in this picture I'm using a new Michelin S12 front tire for the first time. I was love'n it, and so relieved to get rid of the worthless Dunlop 777 that tried to kill me.

Ever since I started riding Vintage, I switched to a open face helmet, non-neon pants, and pads under the jersey, just to feel the part I guess, but it seems natural to me. I actually like wearing a open face helmet better. I know I've heard of the consequences, but I just got a new blue Bell RT. So I'm gonna be stylin even more this year. :)

You can see I have two pairs of googles hanging around my neck. Even if I had five tear-offs on the googles they would'nt have lasted. If they still make them, I'm buying some Smith Roll-Offs.

It's hard for me to make a schedule of the events I want to ride this year. That all revolves around freedom and cash. But the rides I'm hoping to make are-
- Local trail rides
- One or two, Great Lakes Region AHRMA Vintage MX events.
- One, Midwest Region AHRMA MX at Byron, IL.
- Three, AHRMA Natl. Vintage MX's and CC's. Casey, IL., Mid-Ohio, Portland, MI.
- The "Fall Pine Cone Vintage Enduro" (Jackpine).
- The Leroy Winters ISDT Reunion Ride.

Rob

swamp fox

Kudos on the cover shot Rob.
I remember seeing that you were bidding on the helmet a while back.;) That sure will look good with the skunkworks stripes on it for your next picture.:D

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tmc3c

I also Love the shirt you are wearing !! It matches the one I have on now except mine is short sleeve. I am planning on running on March 20th in Washington G.A. "PRO -FLO SOUTHEAST VINTAGE & POST VINTAGE MX SERIES" I will run this and see if I can make some of the others. I will also try and get Greg Holder to pull one of his Toys out of the garage and go with me, that way we will have at least one Penton out front !! Ya See I am a TEAM PLAYER !!:D[:p]
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Admin

On two other occasions, Poggers have made the cover of the AHRMA newsletter and we thought this would be a good time to give them some deserving recognition too.  And who will be the next Pogger to make the cover of AHRMA??? ;)

Dennis Jones, December 2001.  Photo by Chuck Beers, Lightsource Graphics.

Lew Mayer, April 2004.  Photo by Matt Benson.

Dennis Jones

Hey Ron, There's your bike!
Thanks for posting the pictures. I can't describe how it feels for Joe Blow rider to open that envelope and see his picture on the cover of a national newsletter.
They probably want to put a PENTON on every cover but feel they must put some off brands there to be fair;)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Dennis,
  Is this part of the lessons you promised me on ridding trials?  I like the bike and it is a Hoot to ride it at he race tracks..."what kinda bike is that Ron".   When I tell them a Penton it gets into a serious discussions.  Thanks again Dennis for parting with it.  I love it.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

Ron, you have to put a cast iron motor on it. You won't believe the difference the porting makes on them. Plus you can bore it out to 152! My machinist hates me for doing them. I know how you like to bore stuff out. You can even use a 100 cylinder. You're used to over-boring them. OOPS! did I let the cat out of the bag?

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Paul Danik

Hey Lou,
  What event were you riding when that picture was taken, it looks kinda sandy and has a lot of pine trees? Man I can see lots of nice soft places to fall:D It reminds me of the area where they run the Swamp Fox Enduro, I believe that was around Charlestown, NC.

Dennis, was your picture taken at Mid-Ohio?
Paul