Helmets of the SIX DAYS

Started by Admin, January 16, 2005, 07:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Can you list the countries associated with each numbered helmet?

O.Sherriff

firstturn

#19 is the USA....see how easy this is[8D].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Good one O. Sherriff,

# 16- Sweden

# 17- Switzerland

Rob

James

#18 -Great Britan.aka UK..aka England James

You dont stop racing because you get old..you get old because you have children
7\\" and 4\\" travel? Hmm-that makes 11\\" Hey! I can live with that.

tmc3c

Dog Gone Ron you took the only one I knew !! This is going to be a good class.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Dennis Jones

1-Austria
2-Belgium
3-Canada
4-Czechoslovakia
5-East Germany
6-Finland
7-France
8-Holland
9-Ireland
10-Italy
11-Luxembourg
12-Poland
13-Russia
14-Scotland
15-Spain
16-Sweden
17-Switzerland
18-United Kingdom
19-United States
20-West Germany

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

firstturn

Dennis,
  Great job.  The helmets colors are a interesting mix of the various countries.  I have always found it interesting how some countries helmet design are a dead give away such as Switzerland.  Thanks to Dennis ( I think he has cabin fever waiting for the racing season to start), James amd Rob W.  Thomas I owe you one.

A special thanks to Brian Taylor for this information.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis Jones

I have to confess, I have a souvenir program from the 73 ISDT that has that same picture of the helmets in it. The cabin fever just got worse. I brought home a used KTM 200 EXC last week.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Paul Danik

Dennis,
  Check out the picture on page 65 of that ISDT program. Hopefully we can recreate that picture sometime on a trailride.  
Paul

Tony Price

Yea, but what about the team that almost was from Tonga?

Remember them? chuckle chuckle

Tony
Tony

Dennis Jones

Paul, We will have to work toward that goal. I am going to take that picture to work and reccomend we have company meetings like that:)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Tony Price

Gee, no one bit on the Tonga team.

OK, bonus reset time for anyone who can tell us what the acronym "ICFET" stands for.

Tony
Tony

peter kane

ICFET = Infamous Chicklets Family Enduro Team.  But my answer is not too fair as all it required was Googling it.  Can you enlighten us some?

Peter
V3442
[email protected]

peter f. kane
Peter Kane
1970 Six Day
Plainville, Massachusetts
[email protected]

Tony Price

ICFET was the inhouse name for the enduro riders of Dirt Bike magazine staff in the early 70's.

In an attempt to put a team in the 73 ISDT the staff of Dirt Bike magazine contacted numerous small countries around the world in an attempt to gain status as their Trophy Team.

The offer/request to these countries was for affiliation only and the magazine and riders would cover all logistics and costs of running the event.  One of the countries in which the team had hopes for was Tonga.  An official from Tonga replied acknowledging the receipt of the request, and then declined the offer sometime after the event was completed.

Tony
Tony

bentrims

Where can I get my hands on a helmet #13. If I wear one of those the young guys may think there was more to there being knocked down during a race. Russkicozmonaut Penton rider in their class. If they were knocked down?

I never did get a clarification from Rick823m?
Tom Benolkin
612-987-4652 cell number. Thanks Rick. Really not pulling any punches. I just want to know if something happened I dont even know about. My Penton has no rear view mirrors.:)