Who does a good job restoring MC5 seats

Started by bigdanracer, January 21, 2005, 08:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdanracer

Looking for a guy who restores . Padding and covers on Penton seats and does it right. A strong nice finished job.
Thanks, Dan.

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

mx503

Rick does very good work and you won't be disappointed. He charges 60.00 for the cover and installation. He also did Thomas Charmichael's seat with a picture of it in the picture gallary on his website. Email thomas for his opinion. I have his website here with pics:
 http://www.ricksupholstery.net/                       [url]http://www.ricksupholstery.net/images/THOMAS%20CARMICHAEL'S.jpg]   Hope this helps!

Thanks, Bob
Bob Peed

Rain Man

Hi Dan, Funny you asked this question, I've been procrastinating recovering my JackPiner seat now for about 7 months.  I obtained all the materials needed from Mr.B and, tackled the job today, Its not as hard as it looks, and I've never done upholstery.
 It took me 6 hours between shoveling, play off games and goofing around, but it actually came out looking just like new.:)
  I can't give you any advice, other then take your time and don't try to glue all 4 sides simultaneously.  Then you can spend the 60 bucks saved on...
  Good luck and have fun !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

bkinnon

Raymond,

what kind of glue did you use and where do I get some? I have a new seat cover for my Jackpiner and have had it for 2 years. Never dared to try the job myself. The seat base and foam are in excellent shape.
Also, the guys are ice racing every Sunday on Sabattus Lake. If you ever feel like taking the drive, I would meet you there.

Bill

Downeast Pentons- Central Division
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

tmc3c

Rick did do my seat and he did a great job and was very nice to deal with also.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

mx503

I have replaced seat covers on modern bikes, but i have sent off my two seats to be redone as it seems much more diificult on these seats. If you have the cash, I would have rick do it. If not, let us know how it came out and how you did it.

Bob Peed
Bob Peed