My daily fix

Started by tomale, January 26, 2005, 11:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

It has now been over two years since I came to this site and when I first log on, it was because I was so hungry for knowledge. but as time went by....(not that I know it all) It became something more. I came because I just had to find out what everyone was up to. I needed my fix. I do belong to several other such sites but none of them compare to this one. Those who keep this thing going do a great job, that is for sure but it is the people that really make the difference. When my computer was down. and it still is not right. I went thru weeks without being able to log on to my favorite site. That was the worst of it. Glad to be here and glad to be able to check in as often as I can. :D

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Doug Wilford

Surely there are many that feel the same as you and I.   This site is at the top of my list of must do today items.  Like you,it is a part of being a computer junkie.   E-mail is a close second.  The main thing is to have fun!  [8D]

tmc3c

I don't know what I would do without POG !! Everybody here has made me welcome and part of the family and that means more to me that words could ever say !! Thank You ALL !!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Paul Danik

Guys,
   It is great to read your comments and I can surely relate.

Just imagine how I felt when I would travel from home to Amherst to help load the Cycleliner for a trip out west and Jack would invite me to "just stay at the house" till it was time to leave.  My insides were trembling with the anticipation of staying in John Penton's home, I still can't really put into words what all of that was like for me. To sit down for breakfast with Mr. Penton and his family and they made me feel right at home. Other times Dane would extend his welcome to me to stay at the  End O' Way Farm with his family.  Need to clarify something here, the name of the farm came from being located at the end of a right of way, it wasn't named for doing endo's on Pentons, but I am sure that did occasionally happen.

May I comment that when a new member shows up on this forum the warm welcome that you fine members extend to that person is a great way to carry on the Penton tradition of making someone feel at home.

Paul

Dennis Jones

Twice a day, every day:D

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

cubfan1968

This site is amazing. I have always wanted to own a Penton since the 1st time I laid eyes on one in 1971. The thing that always stopped me (besides the fact I've only seen 4 of them in my life) was where would I get parts and who could I get assistance from. I found this site about a year ago, and when I did all I had to find was a Penton that was close to Nebraska to buy. I found it up in Wisconsin for a fair price, and with the help of the membership its beginning to look sharp and run hard. Thanks to all. :)

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Lew Mayer

Yeah, I'm sucked in,too,every day.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

swamp fox

Ditto!!

A Day without POG is like a day without sunshine.[8D]

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Rain Man

what else is there  to do @ 4:00 am, but to dream up the next bike repair process.
  To bad where building jet engines that fly around the world  and not Pentons!!!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tmc3c

I have to post one more time about POG. I was at work last night and was thinking about Paul at John's house and loading the cycle liner and I started thinking of the time when I was a teenager and reading Keeping Track and dreaming of meeting these guys.Fast forward to 2004 at Mid-Ohio and my dream came true. I sat beside John Penton himself and showed him pictures of me racing and he actually looked at them.I Thanked him for giving us such a great bike to race and he Thanked me for buying them ! Wow ! I also got to talk to Dane and to you also Paul and had some of Jacks Birthday cake and talked with him and his wife.I got to play golf with Doug Wilford and rode in the same cart with him and we talked like old buddies!and we found that we have a mutual friends.Everybody was soooo nice!!
So Paul this brings me back to you.When you state that we should welcome all of our new people into POG I can back you up on that you and all of the Penton gang Practices what it Preaches !! and one other thing Paul,I don't think my heart could have stood it being at John's house !
All of that I have experinced here at POG started because of my love for the PENTON motorcycle and has been taken to a whole higher level because of the guys and gals of POG,and a special Thanks to Ron Carbaugh who goes the extra miles with me,I never know what to expect next!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler