Penton Ice Racer to be Built...

Started by DKWRACER, February 20, 2005, 07:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Today I went to Rainbow Falls near Woodland Park Col. It is the home of Harry's Roamers Ice Racing contingent. Being an inquisitive soul, I explored the pits....No Pentons to be found! I will I must with your help. Starting as a 250 (32mm Mikuni) , I have 72 frame, using Rob W. suggestion with the front end t-tree (78), so I can move the tubes up/down as I need...will prolly lower the rear with 12in shocks....cut the whole LH side off and go with RH shifter...tires and rims become such an issue in the bare tire class...........Tell me what to do!!! I have one year from now to claim what is ours..a championship, .....Ok I still dream, any sound advice surely appreciated....remember, there where No Pentons there!
Tom....
Thomas Brosius

Rain Man

Tom, I wish I was closer.  First things first, you need the big bore, cause speed and power is where it's at on the ice.  The 125 is maxed out, constantly, and the 250, well,the gearing feels wrong !!  The 400 I gotta let off the throttle before the corners, and thats a good thing. The 4 strokes competition work too damm well!!  but the top end is on the straight with the 400. Ice racing is a funny thing, being sideways and all[8D
   go with the 400 !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

DKWRACER

Ray you are such a Gem! I have already changed my mind and have a 75 frame with 400 motor...Full studded class to use every ounce of power from the 400, I have comp. release planned too! and maybe an Omars front fender (fiberglass) painted to match....the t-tree from 78 is at my welder machinist guy to have the tube lengthened to fit in the frame, have a set of later model 35mm Cerianis for the front, any suggestions on a TT style seat? Thanks , Tom.......
Thomas Brosius

Rain Man

I have a tail section for a Yamahammer 500 I'll see how it fits on my Piner frame and give you details when I get outta bed this afternoon

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons